Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Wife does repeated kills on tailgaters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 03:05 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S430, S500, S600, and E320 CDI
Wife does repeated kills on tailgaters

It seems that tailgaters have an especial attraction to my wife for some odd reason. This was true when she was driving her Mercury Sable (not exactly a wimpy car), and apparently it remains true with her 2000 S500, which I gave her as an upgrade three and a half years ago to replace her rusted-out (but still solid drivetrain) Sable.

Someone will get right up on her bumper. She'll be in the slow lane, which in the United States is the far right lane, basically doing the same speed as the rest of traffic. Being a New Yorker, she does know how to drive. Therefore, there's no reason for anybody to be tailgating her. She'll switch lanes to one with not a lot of people in front of her. Tailgater follows her (!!). OK, so that's how they wanna do it, eh? She'll gradually start to slow down, below the speed limit. Then, when she thinks they're about to lose it, she'll floor the gas pedal. Now, I will grant that there are faster cars out here than S500's. However, S500's are not wimpy, either, not with 302 HP and 339 lb-ft of torque, so when she guns it, the car moves rather satisfyingly. She leaves them like a rocket leaves the launchpad. Point made, apparently; even after she slows back down to the rest of traffic speed, they leave her alone from that moment on. :-)

MY GIRL!!