MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   Compass in the trip computer (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/102132-compass-trip-computer.html)

///M3N 03-21-2005 05:04 PM

Compass in the trip computer

I couldn't seem to make the compass appear on my trip computer. In the manual it says it should be next after the date, with mine, the stop watch comes after the date. Could it be possible that mine didnt have a compass?

TIA

Mark

sosh 03-21-2005 06:51 PM

Any ML with the trip computer has the compass. At least in the US. Don't know about export ones. Try flipping thru all the settings on the computer

///M3N 03-21-2005 07:01 PM

That's strange, I went through all the settings in the trip computer and I couldn't figure out how to make the compass appear. Here's the order when I push the mode button: Date > Stop watch/timer > Mi/gallon > Consumption (or vice versa I forgot which one comes first) > Miles to empty and lastly the USA/Eng/Can settings.

sosh 03-21-2005 07:47 PM

Then you have some sort of a problem. Perhaps a dealer can help you. It may need to be set up with the Star computer. Did it ever work ??

mihir_d 03-21-2005 07:54 PM

I had long been putting off that question at the back of my head...

My 00320's trip computer does the same thing...no sign of compass on it.

But I have NAV that has the compass on it, so I haven't cared bothering about it...but is it possible that the compass in the trip computer automatically gets disabled if you have the NAV installed?

LiquidSmile 03-21-2005 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mihir_d

But I have NAV that has the compass on it, so I haven't cared bothering about it...but is it possible that the compass in the trip computer automatically gets disabled if you have the NAV installed?

That's the way it is in my ML55

sosh 03-21-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by mihir_d

I have nav AND a compass in the trip computer that works

NK1983 03-21-2005 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by sosh
I have nav AND a compass in the trip computer that works

my ML used to throw me off...becuz when ur going east it says O. it looks like a zero. So i used to park east and toggle right thru it thinking it said zero
then one day i toggled while driving and i saw an N...eureka!
but then again im semi-retarded :duh:

///M3N 03-22-2005 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by sosh
Then you have some sort of a problem. Perhaps a dealer can help you. It may need to be set up with the Star computer. Did it ever work ??

Sorry for my ignorance but what's a star computer? :nix:

I guess I need to address this problem to the dealership on my next service. Yeah I know it doesnt say that if you have a nav the compass shouldn't work.

Thanks for the responses.

sosh 03-22-2005 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by ///M3N
Sorry for my ignorance but what's a star computer? :nix:

I guess I need to address this problem to the dealership on my next service. Yeah I know it doesnt say that if you have a nav the compass shouldn't work.

Thanks for the responses.

Its the MB computer that dealers use to diagnose and to reset various functions in MB vehicles. To the best of my knowledge only dealers have them