MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   Stolen Key, Don't Want Stolen Car (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/116147-stolen-key-dont-want-stolen-car.html)

billiam8d 08-05-2005 07:56 PM

Stolen Key, Don't Want Stolen Car

Well here is my lame story. Im in High School and the basic story is I threw my key and my phone in to my backpack to goto the bathroom and when I came back they where both missing. I had my teacher seach everyone and well it didnt turn up. So what should I do I dont want to replace the whole system and yet I dont want someone to take a joy ride in my car either. Anyone on have any suggestions? GRRR I just want to :beat: the person who took it.

Nick_M_51988 08-08-2005 06:52 AM

dealer will be able to delete the stolen key code from the cars memory.

billiam8d 08-08-2005 07:39 PM

Thanks Hopefully The dealer here can do it, since I got my car off of ebay througha dealer in jersey.

BiTurboV12 AMG 08-12-2005 10:33 PM

doesnt matter. they plug the computer in and reprogram the new keys and only the new keys will work. but... since your in high school and i know kids like to mess with nicer cars i would have them replace the mechanical part of the lock cuse even with the new keys the old key can open the car but the alarm will go off but i dont think they can start the car. but if they can open a door they could damage the inside of your car or steal stuff.

i drove a ML to high-school also and what i learned was keep your windows up all the way, i had my oakleys stolen in less than 45mins with the windows less than 5 inches down in a high traffic area. and ask your parking lot security guard to watch your car for you tell him you have had someone mess with it. after someone taco sauced my car the guard sat in his golf cart by my car during passing periods and i never had a problem. and always keep your keys with you never put them in your bag or give them to anyone.

Kar don 08-12-2005 10:54 PM

unfortunately this is applicable for all benzes EXCEPT the ML... unless it is a 2006 ML500. You are SOL on this one.. u will need new keys, ignition, etc.

BiTurboV12 AMG 08-12-2005 11:48 PM

I just went out and tested my old key that i thought i lost and it opens the doors and the alarms sound and i can start the car. so you do need replacement of everything.

ZephyrAMG 11-13-2018 04:27 PM

Horrible vultures

khomer2 11-13-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by BiTurboV12 AMG (Post 1234335)
doesnt matter. they plug the computer in and reprogram the new keys and only the new keys will work. but... since your in high school and i know kids like to mess with nicer cars i would have them replace the mechanical part of the lock cuse even with the new keys the old key can open the car but the alarm will go off but i dont think they can start the car. but if they can open a door they could damage the inside of your car or steal stuff.

i drove a ML to high-school also and what i learned was keep your windows up all the way, i had my oakleys stolen in less than 45mins with the windows less than 5 inches down in a high traffic area. and ask your parking lot security guard to watch your car for you tell him you have had someone mess with it. after someone taco sauced my car the guard sat in his golf cart by my car during passing periods and i never had a problem. and always keep your keys with you never put them in your bag or give them to anyone.

for an ML?
ummm, if I recall, replacement ML W163 FOB keys are no longer available from MB. Maybe I am missing something in your comments?
edit: replacement copies of the cut key (valet) are still availbale, but not any FOB key system.