MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   ML350 W163 questions CPO questions... (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/148026-ml350-w163-questions-cpo-questions.html)

zxed 05-11-2006 05:47 PM

ML350 W163 questions CPO questions...

Hi, i just got myself a CPO ML350 with 50k miles on it... I know that the warranty they give on the CPO is not the same as the one you get when you buy a new ML. so i have a couple of questions...

The decal pillars (window trim thingy) are faded, will the delear replace them for free because its a CPO?

I notice a transmission shudder, well i did when i drove it back home from the dealer, my friends BMW had the same problem, to which they did a computer update and it was back to normal...however on my dads 98 Land cruiser they told him he needed a new tranny or something... does a computer update usually help get rid of the transmission problem? im thinking that the ml computer is thinking im going to keep accelerating, but when i let go early it gets confused? im also thinking that its trying to adjust to the different driving pattern from the prior owner?

I use to drive a stick, so sometimes ill hit the gear and switch it into manual by mistake, how do i get it back into auto without puting it in neutral?

My ml350 didnt have a navi, however when i was buying it, i made them promise me a navi, so they installed it, but the morons forgot to update the software on the radio... so i have to drive back this weekend and get it done.... is it possible to play MP3's on it? I know it has a dvd navigation CD in the unit (my ml 350 has a bose system + cd changer), will the dvd work in the cd changer or must it stay in the head unit?

it says my ml350 is prewired for a phone.... how do i get it working, do i buy a kit from mbznl or whatever the url is?

im thinking of subscribing to teleaid.... it might be worth the $250/year which isnt a lot of $.

they gave me two remotes with my car, one remote is missing the panic button (it has the space for it, just the button is missing) and the 2nd remote is not synced with the car, dealer says i must bring it back...

after i drive the car around for a while and i park it/switch it off, i can hear something still under the hood the front fan is off, but i touched the air intake, and i can feel something moving... is there another fan in there? thats cooling something down?

they dealer said they can install bluetooth on my car, can they?

since the radio has a screen, and a dvd compatible reader,, can i play dvd videos on it?

Also, i feel that im getting half asses service, am i expecting too much since i bought a CPO and not a brand new car? i didnt even get a demo of the ML350, i saw them giving other people demos and showing them the features.. :(

Reynaldo 05-11-2006 05:56 PM

CPO=? :confused:

Kar don 05-11-2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by zxed
Hi, i just got myself a CPO ML350 with 50k miles on it... I know that the warranty they give on the CPO is not the same as the one you get when you buy a new ML. so i have a couple of questions...

The decal pillars (window trim thingy) are faded, will the delear replace them for free because its a CPO?

I notice a transmission shudder, well i did when i drove it back home from the dealer, my friends BMW had the same problem, to which they did a computer update and it was back to normal...however on my dads 98 Land cruiser they told him he needed a new tranny or something... does a computer update usually help get rid of the transmission problem? im thinking that the ml computer is thinking im going to keep accelerating, but when i let go early it gets confused? im also thinking that its trying to adjust to the different driving pattern from the prior owner?

I use to drive a stick, so sometimes ill hit the gear and switch it into manual by mistake, how do i get it back into auto without puting it in neutral?

My ml350 didnt have a navi, however when i was buying it, i made them promise me a navi, so they installed it, but the morons forgot to update the software on the radio... so i have to drive back this weekend and get it done.... is it possible to play MP3's on it? I know it has a dvd navigation CD in the unit (my ml 350 has a bose system + cd changer), will the dvd work in the cd changer or must it stay in the head unit?

it says my ml350 is prewired for a phone.... how do i get it working, do i buy a kit from mbznl or whatever the url is?

im thinking of subscribing to teleaid.... it might be worth the $250/year which isnt a lot of $.

they gave me two remotes with my car, one remote is missing the panic button (it has the space for it, just the button is missing) and the 2nd remote is not synced with the car, dealer says i must bring it back...

after i drive the car around for a while and i park it/switch it off, i can hear something still under the hood the front fan is off, but i touched the air intake, and i can feel something moving... is there another fan in there? thats cooling something down?

they dealer said they can install bluetooth on my car, can they?

since the radio has a screen, and a dvd compatible reader,, can i play dvd videos on it?

Also, i feel that im getting half asses service, am i expecting too much since i bought a CPO and not a brand new car? i didnt even get a demo of the ML350, i saw them giving other people demos and showing them the features.. :(

wow tons of questions. The trim good luck, CPO doesnt cover that. CPO will cover any transmissions issues. The noise u hear when u turn it off is the water pump still circulating coolant to prevent engine damage. The panic button is still there, the graphic is probably worn off after 50k of use.. I know mine is. Phone can be installed, and I believe u can use the bluetooth puck with it. Not sure what you mean by the demo... the salesman should have gone over the car with you that is called the delivery. Call the sales manager and let him know you are dissatisfied with your delivery.

Oh yeah, MP3 cds wont work.

zxed 05-11-2006 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kar don

Oh yeah, MP3 cds wont work.

= :(

i bought the ml350 for 27.5k out the door, so about 25k, the delivery was whatever but he was good for the ride, let me see as many as i wanted.

demo = delivery... explain the features, how to make the radio work... and now that i think of it, its more exciting with finding the features myself, like the auto door locks :) it was initially disabled...

zxed 05-11-2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Reynaldo
CPO=? :confused:

CPO = C-ertified P-re O-wned

Reynaldo 05-11-2006 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by zxed
CPO = C-ertified P-re O-wned

Oh--thank-you! :)

ml350 05-17-2006 07:31 PM

Hi zxed,

when you turn on the radio, what is displayed on the screen,

did you look through overthing on the car, before you bought the car,

zxed 05-17-2006 08:40 PM

the ml didnt have a navi when i took it for a test drive, i noticed the allignment when i drove it and told the sales guy that itll need one. bougth it, left it there for them to work on the allignment and the navi, picked up the car, the work order said, 4 wheel allignment, some specifications, then test to see if vehcile center, and then it said test okay. navi said, install navi, splitter, rack, test navi, navi test okay.

Navigation works, the sound doesnt, they did not reset the MCS software or do the required upgrade.

car is still out of allignment.

so as far as i am concered, when they say "test okay" they mean , we did the work, but didnt really test it.

initially when i walked out, he gave me someoen elses ml book + spare key, i ahd to mail it back to him the next day coz i cldnt go there the next day. my spare key wasnt synced with the vehicle, they say they have to do it with the comptuer.

i emailed mbusa asking them if their dealerships that sell CPO;s are supposed to be this pathetic, they told me that someone will be contacting me who is local to me in a day or two.

all in all, the vehicle is great, the ticking noise., will be covered by the cpo warranty,. if the tranny blows, however i am sure they will try to blame me for something... so im going to give them a hard time righ toff to get all this **** documented....

all in all, its a great car

ml350 05-18-2006 02:40 AM

what year is the ml?

zxed 05-18-2006 02:52 AM

ml350 05-18-2006 03:37 AM

that model, should still have 1 more year of starmarked warrenty left.

OttoBon100 05-18-2006 07:46 AM

I have just over 17k miles on my '03 ML. They just replaced my "decals" under warranty. As for your NAV, sounds like they didn't "version code" it. When I installed my NAV it worked except for the voice. I had to take it in to have this done.

ml350 05-18-2006 09:44 AM

for zxed,

you need to get the extended warrenty for your ml,

because most of the time the certified pre own won't cover much,