MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   Nav System and Xenon lights.. (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/27166-nav-system-xenon-lights.html)

03ML350 01-13-2003 01:21 AM

Nav System and Xenon lights..

Hi Everyone,

We just got our '03 ML350 yesterday. Unfortunately our dealer didn't have Bi-Xenon or the Nav system available. He told us that these options weren't that popular and that most MLs don't have them.

I think its kind of ridiculous that a $40k car doesn't have Xenon lights or a nav system as OE. But we're still happy with our ML thus far.

My question is has anyone added these two options? Where can I purchase the Nav and Bi-Xenon and not get ripped off. And lastly how easy was it to install?

Thanks for all your help!

03ML350

MBenzNL 01-13-2003 02:22 PM

You can get euro comand and euro bi xenons for your ML for a fair price...I will be in the states pretty soon to do several comand installs and will also be in LA for a number of comand installs during the first half of february.

greetingz,

Kar don 01-13-2003 02:30 PM

Originally posted by MBenzNL
You can get euro comand and euro bi xenons for your ML for a fair price...I will be in the states pretty soon to do several comand installs and will also be in LA for a number of comand installs during the first half of february.

greetingz,

many say adding bi-xenons to an 02 ML and up will have problems. People that tried it said their lights would blink or flicker on and off much like a camera flash. For the nav just go to your dealer and get the DVD NAV drive, it plugs right into your MCS. It is a do it yourself install I believe.

sosh 01-13-2003 08:27 PM

Do not understand why the dealer said no nav is available as all nav systems in the ML350 are dealer installed. Only the ML500 is factory installed. Re the xenons, to get all the correct functions it must be factory installed. The ones that are field installed do not have the leveling feature and are problems in the 02 and 03 ML's.Do not install the european lights or the command system.

tobyp 01-16-2003 03:07 PM

I'm curious about the aftermarket Bi-Xenons. I just bought a set from Performance Products and they are Hellas manufactured in Mexico. They include an adapter cable to facilitate the base connection on the vehicle to the new lights. The ballast is integrated and from all appearances, these are true factory lights. The one thing (probably a BIG ONE!) that is different is the presence of an electrical connection in the middle of the unit. I am guessing that this is the auto leveller connection. Does Mercedes pre-wire for this rather than making custom wiring choices while the car moves down the assembly line? Can anyone comment? Does anyone have experience with the Performance Products Bi-Xenon kit? Installation tips? Thanks in advance!

Toby