MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   New to W163's... Just HOW do I enter the radio code? ;) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/341408-new-w163s-just-how-do-i-enter-radio-code.html)

Erwin8r 03-08-2010 12:20 PM

New to W163's... Just HOW do I enter the radio code? ;)

Hi--I just bought a very nice, clean '02 ML320 for my wife (and kids). It is gray, with gray interior, and has relatively low miles (75k). There are a couple things I need to addess, such as the low-range light flashing and it not engaging, and the radio being locked-out.

I left the ignition on for about an hour and the WAIT screen went away, and my system is now prompting me for a code. I have the correct radio code (from the dealer), but nthing happens when I enter the numbers on the key pad to the left--the first cursor on the screen blinks, and none of the numbers show as I press them. After I enter them all, I hit the button enxt to the "OK" prompt. Does this sound right? :nix:

Or should I be entering the numbers and pushing the "ent" button on the little joystick-type thing? I tried an exhaustive search, but there was no actual step-by-step for entering the code, and our manual is missing...

TIA for you help! :y

Incidentally, this our first "newer" MB, as I have a 300CE and have had a slew of BMWs...

EMR2004 03-14-2010 08:04 PM

the low range button can only be pressed when the car is on and the gear is on neutral, let it flash and engage. If ur in drive u can break ur tranny. I have no idea about the code, never heard of anything like that

Philip LeBlanc 03-14-2010 08:41 PM

The radio code will need to be obtained from a Mercedes Benz dealer by providing your vin number. Once you have it, write it on the inside cover of your owner's manual. It will be required whenever power is disconnected from the radio (removal of radio or battery disconnected).

Regarding the Low Range light flashing... sometimes engaging and disengaging low range will solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

ataie 05-10-2010 12:02 PM

the code from dealer does not work on my radio??? have double checked and that's what is showing going by vin. Now they say that I need to take the car in to get serial number off radio for code, incase the radio has been replaced at some point. they don't give radio code over phone from serial number only by vin. aka $120 for the freakin code

edwinnjara 06-07-2013 05:05 AM

hello guyz please help me how do i enter the ml 320 radio codes

yourbenztech 06-17-2013 07:30 PM

try to call a different dealer...

yourbenztech 06-17-2013 07:32 PM

it is very simple...just push the #s on the pad and then push "ok" if that doesn't work then there is something else...

rolex16233 09-03-2013 11:23 PM

Dear All,

we got an 2nd hand parallel import of USA ML320 into Taiwan. but the security card doesn't come with it can you kindly advise me with the solutions towards to it? the local dealers charges a huge bill for a code bcoz its a gray imports.

the
S/NO of radio: AL 4210 1 07 04910
our vin: 4JGAB54E52A293923

Many thanx for anyone helps to a solution.

STEVE

yourbenztech 09-04-2013 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by rolex16233 (Post 5768715)
Dear All,

we got an 2nd hand parallel import of USA ML320 into Taiwan. but the security card doesn't come with it can you kindly advise me with the solutions towards to it? the local dealers charges a huge bill for a code bcoz its a gray imports.

the
S/NO of radio: AL 4210 1 07 04910
our vin: 4JGAB54E52A293923

Many thanx for anyone helps to a solution.

STEVE

Try to look for the manual, sometimes the code is written on one of the papers by previous owners if that don't work you can try and pull the radio out and look around the radio case it might be marked on top, both ways it's going to be hand written since the manufacturing company don't write the numbers if that didnt work you might be able to call the dealer here in the state..or talk to the company that imported the car for you.

yourbenztech 09-04-2013 12:19 AM

One more thing, don't try entering wrong codes it delay the time you can enter a new code.

rolex16233 09-04-2013 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by yourbenztech (Post 5768762)
Try to look for the manual, sometimes the code is written on one of the papers by previous owners if that don't work you can try and pull the radio out and look around the radio case it might be marked on top, both ways it's going to be hand written since the manufacturing company don't write the numbers if that didnt work you might be able to call the dealer here in the state..or talk to the company that imported the car for you.

Thank you Yourbenztech.

the car was gray imported and had few owners already. no original documents come with the car except keys.

yourbenztech 09-04-2013 10:20 AM

When you turn key to position number 2(just before car starts)radio should come on asking to enter code, at that time you type in 5 numbers code and than push th "ok" botton, it will be the bottom under the word "ok" or "accept" if I remember correct...the location may very based on year and model of radio...

yourbenztech 09-04-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by rolex16233 (Post 5768864)
Thank you Yourbenztech.

the car was gray imported and had few owners already. no original documents come with the car except keys.

Dealers in the states usually Have the codes based on the vin number, if this car was in the states it should have the code here, just google a dealer phone number here in the states and call them, usually they'll give you the code over the phone, they may ask you to fax prove of ownership..

ghinshaw 01-08-2019 03:40 PM

This happens to me each and every time I disconnect the battery negative wire on the firewall to work inside the doors to replace the door lock actuator parts on my ML320. The trick on the actuator parts is to send EBay messages to people selling the actuator clips on EBay and ask them to get you the parts you need which are usually the motors for $20 and the limit switches for $8. In foreign countries, the Mercedes dealers are allowed to sell sub-components that aren't available in the USA and EBay resellers in the business will pick the parts up for you and mail them to you for a small charge if asked. If you work inside the doors and don't disconnect the battery first, you might set off the door side air bags. Whether it is the battery having been disconnected and then reconnected, or the ignition switch turned to the assessory position that triggers the radio message prompt for a password I'm not sure, but it displays every once in a while. Try different dealers until you find one that will give you your radio code for free. You might need the radio serial number. You can buy the radio removal tools on EBay for about $5, and remove the radio to get the serial number. This works whether the radio was original or not. Go to car-part.com for a used radio if yours isn't working. Skip most of the higher priced radios on car-part.com and call the CALL for PRICE dealers on car-part.com first. One such dealer sold me my replacement radio for $50 plus $25 shipping. The OEM dealer wanted $5500 for the radio. Aftermarket radios require 4 ohm speakers and your ML320 comes with 2 ohm speakers and an amp and none of it is compatible with the typical aftermarket radios. Aftermarket radios with GPS and rear backup camera are available new on EBay, but don't forget to factor in the cost of new 4 ohm speakers and the labor time required to open up all 4 doors. If you are feeling lucky, look in the glove box or lift the spare tire compartment to see if the auto users manual case has the original radio card in a side pocket that has the original radio password.

Chrismiggs 02-05-2021 04:00 PM

hey y'all, ive got a ML500 and am having a weird issue. i have called mb for the code per vin. that code dosent work, so i removed the radio and got the serial number. called dealer back, they gave me 2 more codes to try.....neither of those work. I called another dealer to confirm all 3 codes, 2nd dealer confirmed codes.....i am unsure what to do, any help would be very much appericated

Maj. Dundee 02-06-2021 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chrismiggs (Post 8264420)
hey y'all, ive got a ML500 and am having a weird issue. i have called mb for the code per vin. that code dosent work, so i removed the radio and got the serial number. called dealer back, they gave me 2 more codes to try.....neither of those work. I called another dealer to confirm all 3 codes, 2nd dealer confirmed codes.....i am unsure what to do, any help would be very much appericated

Did you just buy this ML?

Read the RED section in the PDF. If you keep entering the code number multiple times, you will have 1 hour with the key in the ON position before you can enter the code again.

Bezalel 02-08-2021 07:13 AM

I just changed my battery and to avoid having to enter the radio code I kept the car alive by connecting a battery charger to the terminals that I disconnected from the battery. It worked okay and the radio stayed working. I reset the ESP just in case, but it was probably unnecessary.