M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

BAS ESP Warning light 2003 ML270

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml270
BAS ESP Warning light 2003 ML270

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago my car went into a garage to have a new diesel injector fitted as one was leaking. When I got the car back from the garage the BAS ESP warning was on - it never had been on before so I asked the guy at the garage what it meant. He said he put it on his diagnostic tester and the code that came up related to 'low voltage' from the battery. Incidentally the guy also said that when he did the work the battery was flat, so I dont know if an interior light was left on or whether ther battery was dead - but it was fine before I took the car in and I had never had any battery problems previously.

Anyway, I got the battery checked out afterwards and it was fine, but I still keep getting the BAS ESP warning light come on the dashboard, sometimes it goes off for a little while, but soon comes on again. This has been for a few weeks now.

Can anyone advise me what this is likely to be, I am bit annoyed as this only started happening since I took my car into a garage and the lights had never come on before either. The driving has not been affected at all, and everthing seems fine.

I have searched the internet for advice and have carried out the 'turning the wheel full lock three times' more than once, and also have disconnected the battery from the negative lead for 10 minutes, but still the lights come on. I also understand that a 2003 ML does not have a brake light switch which also seems to be a common cause of this problem.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you for any input.