M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2000 ML320 won't run or idle.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320
Unhappy 2000 ML320 won't run or idle.

Hi guys, So my 2000 ML 320 died and now won't idle or drive at all before sputtering and cutting out...

So here is the situation, it's a problem that started a month ago, it would die while driving, all the lights on the dash light up and the gauges fall, then it picks up and keeps driving like nothing happened. That seemed to go away for a month after I pulled all the relays. Then a week ago it started, ran rough and died, I was able to restart it but every time I put it into gear it would die so I tried to just start it and let it idle for a bit, but it would then start running rough and die.

I got it towed to a shop and it has been there for 5 days now and they have not been able to diagnose it for sure. The latest thing they mentioned is a possible Activity module problem.

1- Any suggestions?
2- Will a problem with the activity module cause these issues i'm having?
Everything I have read says that the activity module will cause issues with A/C and door locks and possibly the gauge cluster

More info on the vehicle:
it's got 120K miles on it and I just recently did the 100K service on it where I replaced:
Fluids: Engine, Transmission, transfer case, fornt and read diffs
Filters: Engine and Transmission
Spark plugs (irridium)
O2 sensors

more recently:
Fuel pump(BOSCH) and filter
New Bosch CPS

The current problem is not resulting in a any codes.

Please help, I need a functioning vehicle back!
Thanks
Shalil