MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W163) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163-10/)
-   -   ML 320 Remote Control key entry (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/541174-ml-320-remote-control-key-entry.html)

anoninspain 05-06-2014 04:59 AM

ML 320 Remote Control key entry

I recently acquired a ML320 1999. There are two key/remote control fobs but I have problems! One has the bit where you would attach to a key ring broken and the other when you fit new batteries it works perfectly for about 2 weeks but then the batteries have run flat. Therefore can you swap the internal boards around and if so how. Also I have seen key/remote shell only cases advertised has anyone tried using one and again how do you remove innards to put in new case?

art_arev 05-06-2014 04:04 PM

Use the search function. There are a lot of threads about the subject

Mike's ML 05-06-2014 06:32 PM

Many have tried changing their key fob cases with very limited success. As far as not having a place to hang more keys on the fob there have been issues with the extra weight causing problems with the ignition switch / key. My recommendation would be to repair the broken key loop as best as you can and not add any other keys to your ML key.
If I had a key battery issue I would remove the batteries, flush out the inside of the case with WD40 followed by a distilled water rinse while exercising the key buttons to try and free up whatever is staying on / shorted, causing the battery drain. Then before replacing the batteries I would tighten up the battery connections inside the key fob case. That has also been a minor problem in the past. Weak battery connections have been mistaken for week or dead batteries.

Mike

anoninspain 05-07-2014 06:15 AM

Differnt terminology

Originally Posted by art_arev (Post 6033277)
Use the search function. There are a lot of threads about the subject

Thanks for your comment I did use the search function first, I may be new to this site but use plenty of others so I know the form. Perhaps as I speak English English not American English there is a difference in terminology used such as I would say windscreen washer jets whilst I think in USA it is Windshield washer nozzles. The time taken for you to reply to my thread perhaps it would have been just as easy or more helpful to post a link that might have helped.

Mike's ML 05-07-2014 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by anoninspain (Post 6033979)
Perhaps as I speak English English not American English there is a difference in terminology used such as I would say windscreen washer jets whilst I think in USA it is Windshield washer nozzles.

Please update your User CP to include your Location so we will know what you mean when you say Boot, Bonnet or MOT or that you drive on the wrong side of the road.

Thanks
Mike

anoninspain 05-08-2014 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mike's ML (Post 6034913)
Please update your User CP to include your Location so we will know what you mean when you say Boot, Bonnet or MOT or that you drive on the wrong side of the road.

Thanks
Mike

Thanks done I am British but now live in Spain will try to Americanise my terminology