M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

I knoweverything there is to know about the ML

Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500, FORD-WINDSTAR EX
ML God unfortunately does not have enough answers, that is human. The forum is about true Benz lovers and "wana be". How I wish we can have serious answers to most questions bcos where there is LOVE always there is heart break around the conner.
I LOVE my ML500
Old 05-17-2010, 02:08 PM

2001 ML 430
2001 ML430

My LAMELLA roof had a plastic piece break off. Do I have to replace the whole SKYROOF or can the piece be repaired? Once again I have a 2001 ML430. Thank you, Pam
Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 AM

ML 320
ML God,
The fuel pump on my 98 ML 320 had to be replaced. The dash fuel guage and the MPG display were working fine before the new fuel pump was installed by the dealer. Now the dash fuel guage and the overhead MPG calculation display are both providing inaccurate readings. (The odometer continues to be accurate.) The Dash guage indicates there is 1/4 tank left when infact the tank is empty, and the overhead mileage is showing 5 miles above my actual MPG useage. Was the fuel pump improperly installed? I am now being told the new fuel pump requires the installation of a new computer/guages upgrade which will cost an additional $850 or so. Does new computer/guages have to be installed with a new gas guage?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Same problem here..

Originally Posted by Janet
ML God,
The fuel pump on my 98 ML 320 had to be replaced. The dash fuel guage and the MPG display were working fine before the new fuel pump was installed by the dealer. Now the dash fuel guage and the overhead MPG calculation display are both providing inaccurate readings. (The odometer continues to be accurate.) The Dash guage indicates there is 1/4 tank left when infact the tank is empty, and the overhead mileage is showing 5 miles above my actual MPG useage. Was the fuel pump improperly installed? I am now being told the new fuel pump requires the installation of a new computer/guages upgrade which will cost an additional $850 or so. Does new computer/guages have to be installed with a new gas guage?
Fuel gauage had been acting funny for a while on my 2000 ML - replaced both the fuel pump & CPS after the CPS episode at 120K miles, since the mechanic didn't want to take any chances - failing CPS & fuel pump have exact same symptoms..

Me & mechanic both were confident, the fuel gauge issue will disappear after fuel pump replacement, but it persisted..mechanic even tried re adapting the fule gauge...no luck...

We are both perplexed till date....only explanation that I have come up with is that there is an official TSB for upadating the cluster software...I think, the cluster needs to be reflashed on pre-2002 MLs...but that is again like taking a chance - it may or may not solve the problem..only dealer would be able to reflash the cluster, an independent likely doesn't have access to all TSB updates..

I doub't if the gauge hardware would have to replaced - it is most likely a software issue, not a hardware one..
Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
im locking this, ML god is gone boys