M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Blue Tooth Functions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic and 2005 C240 4Matic
Blue Tooth Functions

I have the BT module which works with my Black Berry storm. Does anyone know if you can use the BT to play audio from other BB apps.
I have this one app from DriveSafe.ly which reads your emails/sms messages as they arrive. But I can not get them to play through the BT connection. Only phone calls seem to work.
I have a 2008 ML350.

Last edited by pvescera; 05-11-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 05-11-2010, 06:11 PM

GL450 w/ Off-road pkg.
I do know, and no. The "I have a Bluetooth headset" really doesn't mean anything.

BT devices have "stacks" - drivers in firmware - that, like a PC and peripherals, negotiate a connection and communicate with each other. And, each unique product - like headsets - has a unique stack. Each manufacturer designs a stack as they see fit, and the way they convey to consumers the capabilities of a device's stack is to tell us which "profiles" the stack has - the HFP stands for "Hands Free Profile". Some devices, like the Viseeo MB-2, can be updated with new firmwares, others, can't be updated. The MB BT puck allows for certain controls between compatible cell phones, and allows your COMAND unit to act as an extension of a cell phone. Connecting/dialing/ending calls and exchange of contacts are all the MB BT pucks will ever do, by design.

You may choose to purchase a device to use in your car to listen to BT music, but most cell phones will connect to only one BT peripheral at a time; there are exceptions, like my old Nokia E62, which could connect to six other devices at the same time (multipoint), but my current devices, an iPhone 3G and Palm Pre Plus, can connect to a single peripheral. Hope all this helps.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM

2008 ML350 4Matic and 2005 C240 4Matic
thanks

Wasn't sure what capabilities the MB BT puck offered. Thanks for clarifying. You would think it would offer more based on the price.