MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W164) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164-72/)
-   -   How much off MSRP for ML350 4matic (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/333669-how-much-off-msrp-ml350-4matic.html)

Baloo588 01-12-2010 04:28 PM

How much off MSRP for ML350 4matic

How much are people getting off from MSRP? I am negotiating to get 3000 off MSRP. Is that impossible??

Blk04cobra1 01-12-2010 05:25 PM

Not impossible. Remember, there's only about 6% margin on any new car from MB. Most dealerships only work with this 6% and some are willing to go a little more. Good luck with your new purchase.

gsrjc 01-12-2010 06:58 PM

i paid invoice for mine but then again it was my 4th purchase from the same dealer. P1 with lighting package, front heated seats, 19" rims, etc.

no_mulligan 01-12-2010 10:13 PM

My experience last week of December- $58,185 MSRP($54,174 invoice). Bought at $53,019. Better than most. Don't know where you're from, but, you could try using AAA website auto buying service to get you a large saving. Anymore than that will take time consuming and calculating strategy. Not to mention, the dealer will need to give you one of their "employee" pricing vouchers to get below invoice. If they've used their allocations up for the month, you're out of luck.

miami1lt 02-01-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Baloo588 (Post 3891757)
How much are people getting off from MSRP? I am negotiating to get 3000 off MSRP. Is that impossible??

Just scored a $56K ML350 4matic for $54.2K OTD (had about $2700 in TTL), so ended about $4.5K below MSRP.

Agree that most MB dealers are only clearing $3-3.5K on the ML350, so working much below that is tough.

What sealed the deal was end-of-month...the sales manager CLEARLY wanted to move yesterday (even said, what will it take for me to sell you this car in january), and I stuck with my price...he kept coming back, and even when he met my number, he insisted on MB financing...I told him no and got up to leave, and he said, "WAIT!...ok, deal".

I never believed in the end of month thing, after buying 10 cars in the last 10 years...but it was decisive.

Demand and Supply is always a factor...but don't be afraid to walk out on the dealer (or call another dealer, tell them your deal, and see if they will match/beat it).

azzurribaggio 04-07-2011 08:27 PM

Going to get an 2011 ML-350 been offered from several dealers 10% off MSRP...are the rules changing?

nJuDunno 04-07-2011 09:42 PM

I got mine for about 6k off msrp, sticker was $63k, got it for a little under $57k

gforaker 04-07-2011 10:49 PM

Due to the economy and market conditions in the past 2 years, there were times when huge price breaks were available. That is not the current market. Someone telling you their discount is irrelevant unless it was in the past month or maybe two at most. Pricing will also be determined by your local conditions.

Approximate "fair" pricing is available from Edmunds dot com for free and more accurate prices from Consumers Reports for a slight fee.

Vernl 04-08-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Baloo588 (Post 3891757)

I have a rule of thumb that I follow. Look at the sticker and take off %10.Sometimes you will get more ,sometimes you will get less, but I have always been very close on avg to the ''magic'' %10 ...however, if you order one, you wont get much , if any, kind of a break.Thats the reason I have only ordered one of my 5 MB's

azzurribaggio 04-08-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vernl (Post 4614825)
I have a rule of thumb that I follow. Look at the sticker and take off %10.Sometimes you will get more ,sometimes you will get less, but I have always been very close on avg to the ''magic'' %10 ...however, if you order one, you wont get much , if any, kind of a break.Thats the reason I have only ordered one of my 5 MB's

Why won't you get a break from ordering one??

azzurribaggio 04-09-2011 03:55 AM

Found this on mybenzguy.com:
Conquest Cash

Any customer that currently owns a BMW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, Jaguar, Range Rover/Land Rover, Acura, Infiniti or Cadillac vehicle with a valid registration will be eligible for $1,000 towards any new MY2010 or MY2011 Mercedes-Benz vehicle purchase or $1,500 towards any new CLS or $2,000 towards any new C-Class or E-Class vehicle purchase.

azzurribaggio 04-11-2011 12:33 AM

Dealers reaction to customers asking if they will beat another dealers current offer:

"We are interested in earning your business and making the transaction only. We are not interested in the game you're playing. I’m not emailing you numbers again so you can use it to keep shopping around . As I mentioned before, I will beat any dealer's price. We are privately owned so we can do anything we want. Yet, the only way for you to find out what is our best price is by either calling me or by coming in.
If this doesn’t work for you I'll understand. It's only your money.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon!"

azzurribaggio 04-23-2011 04:52 AM

ML350W4 $48,990
650 Arctic White
151 Black MB-Tex
P01 P01 Package: Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN $4,000
890 : Power Liftgate
518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
517 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Digital Ra
512 : COMAND System w/hard-drive Navigation
500 : Power Folding Mirrors
441 : Power Steering Column
275 : Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
249 : Autodimming Mirrors
218 : Rearview Camera
049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
U80 : 115V AC Power Outlet
220 PARKTRONIC $800
234 Blind Spot Assist $600
319 319 Lighting Package: Active Bi-Xenon He $985
615 : Bi-Xenon Head Lamps w/ Active Curve Illu
600 : Headlamp Washing System
236 : LED Daytime Running Lamps
322 322 Appearance Package: Alum.Roof Rails, $990
R33 : 20" Twin 5-Spoke Alloy Wheel
P96 : Exterior Appearance (Aluminum Roof Rails
550 Trailer Hitch - 7,200 lbs. (Class III) $550
731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
846 Brushed Aluminum Running Boards w/Rubber $670
866 Rear Seat Entertainment Pre-Wiring $170
873 Heated Front Seats $750
SUBTOTAL $58,505
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
TOTAL $59,380

Was able to land the above for $57,400 out the door. Good deal?

gforaker 04-25-2011 10:42 AM

Probably not especially, but cars sales are up the past few months which means dealer inventory is getting thinner and less pressure on them to deal.

Congratulations on your car and enjoy it.

eeferber 04-29-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by azzurribaggio (Post 4618424)
Dealers reaction to customers asking if they will beat another dealers current offer:

"We are interested in earning your business and making the transaction only. We are not interested in the game you're playing. I’m not emailing you numbers again so you can use it to keep shopping around . As I mentioned before, I will beat any dealer's price. We are privately owned so we can do anything we want. Yet, the only way for you to find out what is our best price is by either calling me or by coming in.
If this doesn’t work for you I'll understand. It's only your money.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon!"

right to the point. I can't fault the dealer for this approach.

ninjajim4 04-29-2011 11:58 AM

that's the worst attitude i've ever seen. of course they want you in the door, so you can't compare and shop around with anyone else. what "game" are you playing? the one where you shop around and get the best deal possible? he's right about one thing... it IS your money.

i bought my 09 ML in Oct of 08, off the lot. did EVERYTHING over the phone, walked in, looked at the car for literally 60 seconds, signed and bought. 10% off MSRP, came in under invoice by a few thousand. invoice pricing is a myth. they have all sorts of holdbacks, rebates, etc. they're not stupid and just giving cars away at cost.

i'd walk away from that dealer. they need to go the extra mile for you. this was my first purchase at that dealership and first MB too. it's not like i got some preferential treatment.

good luck!

Cal 04-29-2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ninjajim4 (Post 4649549)
that's the worst attitude i've ever seen. of course they want you in the door, so you can't compare and shop around with anyone else. what "game" are you playing? the one where you shop around and get the best deal possible? he's right about one thing... it IS your money.

i bought my 09 ML in Oct of 08, off the lot. did EVERYTHING over the phone, walked in, looked at the car for literally 60 seconds, signed and bought. 10% off MSRP, came in under invoice by a few thousand. invoice pricing is a myth. they have all sorts of holdbacks, rebates, etc. they're not stupid and just giving cars away at cost.

i'd walk away from that dealer. they need to go the extra mile for you. this was my first purchase at that dealership and first MB too. it's not like i got some preferential treatment.

good luck!

Amen.

Any dealer that doesn't want to deal with you over the phone or via email is not worth dealing with. Most reputable dealers now have an internet sales dept, specifically for this reason. Those that don't want to deal with you online/over the phone are more than likely the ones that know they cannot beat others, and would rather you come in so that they can pressure you into buying from them.

azzurribaggio 04-29-2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by eeferber (Post 4649411)
right to the point. I can't fault the dealer for this approach.

But how does one know they are really getting the best price from this dealer if they can't have another competing dealership try to beat it? :confused:

azzurribaggio 04-29-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cal (Post 4649884)
Amen.

Any dealer that doesn't want to deal with you over the phone or via email is not worth dealing with. Most reputable dealers now have an internet sales dept, specifically for this reason. Those that don't want to deal with you online/over the phone are more than likely the ones that know they cannot beat others, and would rather you come in so that they can pressure you into buying from them.

Yup I agree....so everyone should stay away from San Francisco Mercedes Benz, especially if the salesperson is an Asian female :X..then you're really asking to get screwed!!! "I'll beat :smash: that price by $1.00....and I'll throw in a San Francisco Mercedes Benz Coffee cup" :y