MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W164) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164-72/)
-   -   My pimped W164 ML 350 (AMG package) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/431597-my-pimped-w164-ml-350-amg-package.html)

Sharkster 01-19-2012 08:32 AM

My pimped W164 ML 350 (AMG package)

5 Attachment(s)
A few pics of my ML 350 with AMG package installed...

dacatz 01-19-2012 11:09 AM

Very nice! what do u need to convert this? is there is a kit for it? or?

jon2002 01-19-2012 01:38 PM

Nice ML, looks very similar to mine. Are those the exhaust tips from the ML63? The dual tips on each side look great.

Sharkster 01-19-2012 03:34 PM

Thanks guys...

You can order the front and the rear bumper as a complete kit at your dealer and retrofit it to your ML. Only the front hood was a little tricky, as you need to have a VIN from a W164 that has that hood mounted from the factory. They don't sell it as a retrofit item.

About the pipes: Yea, these are the ML63 rear pipes. Just the pipes though, not the whole system.

KA8 01-20-2012 11:05 PM

Nice looking ML

azzurribaggio 01-26-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkster (Post 5013097)
Thanks guys...

You can order the front and the rear bumper as a complete kit at your dealer and retrofit it to your ML. Only the front hood was a little tricky, as you need to have a VIN from a W164 that has that hood mounted from the factory. They don't sell it as a retrofit item.

About the pipes: Yea, these are the ML63 rear pipes. Just the pipes though, not the whole system.

Are these things straight bolt-ons or are there any modifications needed?
Are you sporting AMG wheels as well??
SICK ML!!

Sharkster 01-27-2012 07:40 AM

No modifications needed (if you have a facelifted ML, i.e. from MY09 on). Parts are straight bolt-ons. The front bumper even comes with all the tiny stuff like screws, foglights, meshes etc.

azzurribaggio 01-28-2012 01:27 AM

Here's mine..it's a 2011 ML350,

https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...011-ml350.html

I think the exhaust and AMG wheels would really dress up my stock ML...
What was the pricing on the rear bumper and exhaust tips?
For the tips do I keep mystock mufflers and these tips replace the stock tips? Another question, can I replace the stock tips myself or is there any cutting and welding needed? (Too lazy to go in the garage and look under the SUV myself) :(

Sharkster 01-30-2012 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice ML. :) The AMG bumpers look great on white MLs... You should consider a front _and_ back end conversion...

Originally Posted by azzurribaggio (Post 5025758)
Here's mine..it's a 2011 ML350,

https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w...011-ml350.html

I think the exhaust and AMG wheels would really dress up my stock ML...
What was the pricing on the rear bumper and exhaust tips?
For the tips do I keep mystock mufflers and these tips replace the stock tips? Another question, can I replace the stock tips myself or is there any cutting and welding needed? (Too lazy to go in the garage and look under the SUV myself) :(

I paid 1,200 EUR for the rear bumper and the lower chrome insert. But I guess you cannot simply convert that price into USD, as the whole pricing is really different in the US.

About the tips: Yea, you keep your stock mufflers, but remove the stock tips and swap them with the quad tips. No welding needed. Look at the pic... it's pretty self-explanatory. Tips are another 900 EUR. But again... do not just convert the price, but ask about the USD price at your dealer.

You probably can also pick up everything you need via ebay.

azzurribaggio 01-30-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkster (Post 5029368)
Nice ML. :) The AMG bumpers look great on white MLs... You should consider a front _and_ back end conversion...

I paid 1,200 EUR for the rear bumper and the lower chrome insert. But I guess you cannot simply convert that price into USD, as the whole pricing is really different in the US.

About the tips: Yea, you keep your stock mufflers, but remove the stock tips and swap them with the quad tips. No welding needed. Look at the pic... it's pretty self-explanatory. Tips are another 900 EUR. But again... do not just convert the price, but ask about the USD price at your dealer.

With my stock rear bumper can I just replace my stock tips with these??? Cause that would be SWEET!!! but what a fukin ripoff for tips huh!!! Just cause they say "AMG":smash:

Sharkster 01-30-2012 11:55 PM

Yea, it's pretty expensive..., but it looks great. So, who cares? ;)

You cannot wear the quad tips with your stock rear bumper... You'll need the AMG rear thing with the AMG quad-tips chrome insert.

Good luck! :)

C43AMG 01-31-2012 01:15 PM

@ Sharkster - anyway you can get me the part # for your black grill ? I had to paint mine and would really like to replace it. TIA. :y

alaraw 01-31-2012 02:43 PM

Too bad you didn't ad the side skirts and the over fenders... It would look even better with these on ;)

azzurribaggio 02-01-2012 06:45 PM

I'm new to the MB world, any sites or dealers give better prices for these AMG parts?
Yes part numbers for these would be great! Tax refunds are just around the corner!!!
VROOOOOOOOOOOOM! VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

azzurribaggio 02-01-2012 06:47 PM

Say with the AMG front bumper conversion I will lose my daytime LEDs right? That's a NO NO!!:smash::zoom:

Originally Posted by Sharkster (Post 5029368)

Sharkster 02-01-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by C43AMG (Post 5030648)
@ Sharkster - anyway you can get me the part # for your black grill ? I had to paint mine and would really like to replace it. TIA. :y

I had too paint mine, too... There is no completely black grill for the facelift model AFAIK. It's either silver with chromed fins or black with chromed fins. And I wanted mine to be glossy black.

Originally Posted by alaraw (Post 5030828)
Too bad you didn't ad the side skirts and the over fenders... It would look even better with these on ;)

Nahh... it would be a full ML63 look-alike if I did that. I'm happy with it the way it looks now.

Originally Posted by azzurribaggio (Post 5033140)
Yes part numbers for these would be great! Tax refunds are just around the corner!!!

I can't give you all part numbers as they depend on your car's configuration. E.g. B66036493 is the front bumper kit (incl. fog lights, meshes and all the tiny stuff) for MLs with Parktronic and headlight washers. If you have no Parktronic and/or no headlight washer, you'll need a different kit. But maybe you can use the above number as a start, when asking your dealer...

Rear bumper (with Parktronic!) is: B66036496
The quad tips are: B66030870

You will also need the chrome insert with the cut-outs for the quad-tips. Unfortunately I don't have the parts number for that, as it was researched by my dealer. This is also true for the front hood, which appeared to be extremely difficult to get.

Originally Posted by azzurribaggio (Post 5033146)
Say with the AMG front bumper conversion I will lose my daytime LEDs right?

Unfortunately, yes. I put in some LED bulbs into my foglights and use them as (manually turned on) DRLs now. Looks great IMO, but isn't 100% street legal (at least here in Germany).

C43AMG 02-02-2012 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkster (Post 5033279)
I had too paint mine, too... There is no completely black grill for the facelift model AFAIK. It's either silver with chromed fins or black with chromed fins. And I wanted mine to be glossy black.

That's the one I need - the black with the silver fins. :y

alaraw 02-03-2012 11:43 AM

It looks great anyway :D Do you have any ideea on the overfenders codes? I tried to seach for them on EPC but no info there :( I think they are a must have for such a look :)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5...zml320amg1.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alaraw 02-03-2012 11:46 AM

Car looks great but... there's a set of original 63 AMG black headlights for sale :) on ebay in Germany as I saw, if you are interested (Not mine, I don't even know the seller). Maybe you will change your mind on the overfenders too :). And for the "grand finalli" you could add a set of new LED MOPF mirrors, and you'll have the coolest ride ;)

Sharkster 02-03-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by alaraw (Post 5035942)
It looks great anyway :D Do you have any ideea on the overfenders codes? I tried to seach for them on EPC but no info there :(

Sure. The code is B66036229.

About my ride: Nah, I'm not going to change anything else. No wide plastic fenders for me, no 21" wheels... and I'm also not a fan of the blacked out headlights.

To me, my ride is just perfect the way it sits there right now. :)

alaraw 02-04-2012 03:12 AM

Thanks for the code man!

I'm not into 21" either... you loose all the comfort with such wheels :D

AMGC60-3 02-04-2012 03:50 AM

I think 20,s are more than enough for the W164, I am looking for a set of 20,s at the moment, what I really like on your ML is the hood.

Sharkster 02-04-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by AMGC60-3 (Post 5037212)
I think 20,s are more than enough for the W164, I am looking for a set of 20,s at the moment, what I really like on your ML is the hood.

Thanks. I agree..., and it looks even better in reality, than on the pics. It's not only the power domes, but the whole hood is higher than the standard thing, which massively adds to the ML's presence IMO.

woontai 04-19-2012 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sharkster (Post 5012383)
A few pics of my ML 350 with AMG package installed...

Hi,
Do you know if I can do a facelift to a 2006 ML to a 2011 ML by changing to a front AMG Bumper and the head lights?

Thank you.

medic 04-19-2012 03:05 AM

great work Sharkster! do u happen to have any profile pix of your ML to see the rims?