M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Need information ASAP: 2007 Vs 2008 Rear Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Need information ASAP: 2007 Vs 2008 Rear Entertainment System

Hi all. I need information ASAP with regards to the OEM rear entertainment system. Where do the DVD's load and how do you control the player. I have a 5 year old daughter and I want to be able to change the DVD while driving if possible. Do they load in the front command unit or is there a separate loading area in the back? Is it different for 2007 models then 2008? I believe the newer models you load the DVD in the command unit and control it from there but I am not sure. There is a 2007 ML 500 I am looking to buy and I need to know the answer as it may be a deal breaker. The guy who is selling it has a very thick Asian accent and I do not think he understands my question. The car is not local so I can't look at it myself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Larry
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Where do the DVD's load and how do you control the player?

There is a dvd player below the right side passenger seat. You can control it with the MB remote and some functions on the unit itself.

I have a 5 year old daughter and I want to be able to change the DVD while driving if possible.

Highly unlikely to do since the dvd player is basically position right below the right passenger seat. Only way is to stop the vehicle get out......

Is it different for 2007 models then 2008?

Don't believe so model 09+ are different.

Go look at some pre owned ML's at local dealerships, get the general idea and knowledge about the ML then shop private if you wish.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Thanks. Appreciate the info. I assume you mean the right FRONT Passenger seat? Hmmm, Well that sucks. Not convenient to have to stop the car and get out to change a disc. Price is good and the car is clean otherwise. Also, do the 2007's have backup camera standard. Thanks in advance.

Larry
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Originally Posted by france2112
Thanks. Appreciate the info. I assume you mean the right FRONT Passenger seat? Hmmm, Well that sucks. Not convenient to have to stop the car and get out to change a disc. Price is good and the car is clean otherwise. Also, do the 2007's have backup camera standard. Thanks in advance.

Larry
Its not in the front its in the rear seat behind the passenger. Even with aftermarket ones you cant access anything from the driver you pull the screen towards you and insert the disc (no separate dvd player). Easy way is only portable dvd players if you want to change the dvd yourself. Backup camera is a option. If its a must find a ML with it already cause getting the dealer to do it later on will be pricey on the part itself and labour.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Agreed. Thanks a lot!!! You really helped me make a big decision. I think I will pass on this and just step up to an 09 with the R.E.S. I hope the 09 has it so you can load the DVD's in the front. Need to confirm that. Have a great weekend.

Larry