M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Secondary Air Injection P0410 or P0810

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4matic Sedan 2007 GL450 2002 C240
Secondary Air Injection P0410 or P0810

Ok, Need some help.

My mother in law bought a used ML350 4matic 2009. After about 3 days after purchase it it threw a code for thermostat. No big deal she took it back to where she bought it and they replaced it. Now after a few weeks or so she gets another code Secondary Air pump. Ok, I have three MBZ of my own and I had this on my car. I ordered a new pump and put it in easy job.

Well I decided to order a used pump and put it on her car. So I did and cleared the code and after a few days it came back on. So I told her that she is going to have to take it to the local Euro guy shop and have them look at it. They look at it and tell her it is a bad pump, that it blows the 40 amp fuse at start. Ok they want $650 to fix it. I tell her no I will get you a new pump and put it on. So I buy a new pump,fuse,relay and Vacuum check valve. I put them all on and clear the code and the next day it comes back on.

Any Suggestions?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 3.0L FLEX
Bump!
My C300 is doing this same thing, but I haven't replaced multiple pumps. How expensive is a secondary air injection system to fix at a dealership, usually?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by duffettjw
Ok, Need some help.

My mother in law bought a used ML350 4matic 2009. After about 3 days after purchase it it threw a code for thermostat. No big deal she took it back to where she bought it and they replaced it. Now after a few weeks or so she gets another code Secondary Air pump. Ok, I have three MBZ of my own and I had this on my car. I ordered a new pump and put it in easy job.

Well I decided to order a used pump and put it on her car. So I did and cleared the code and after a few days it came back on. So I told her that she is going to have to take it to the local Euro guy shop and have them look at it. They look at it and tell her it is a bad pump, that it blows the 40 amp fuse at start. Ok they want $650 to fix it. I tell her no I will get you a new pump and put it on. So I buy a new pump,fuse,relay and Vacuum check valve. I put them all on and clear the code and the next day it comes back on.

Any Suggestions?
Most likely the pump is still good. There are plastic hoses that run from this unit that often get pinched or broken when doing the thermostat replacement. It's an easy fix once you find where it is broken/pinched

Here's the video: