MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W164) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164-72/)
-   -   New Owner - tons of questions ML350 BlueTec (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/668945-new-owner-tons-questions-ml350-bluetec.html)

kenjunior 06-04-2017 11:21 PM

New Owner - tons of questions ML350 BlueTec

Well I have officially joined the ranks of MB owners. 2011 ML350 BlueTec.

After several months of research I'm pretty happy, so far, with my decision.... I mean AFTER I got home with the vehicle 2 days after I purchased it. It didn't make it 15 miles from dealer and blew a fuel line and left me stranded just minutes after signing the papers!!!! :(

Anyway questions:

How can I tell what version of maps are currently in the navigation system?

Can I adjust/program/change the seat heaters to stay on until turned off?

Is there an updated cable for Apple lightning connector (has the old Apple type cable), does it charge the iPhone or is it just for audio?

Can I change the colors of the radio tuner, I don't care for the ugly dirty brown that looks like it's from the 70's.

Are there any true service manuals either in print or electronic (aside of YouTube)?

Best general purpose ODBII reader (ML 350 BlueTec).

I'm an IT guy and haven't wrenched for many years but I'm not inept to mechanic'n a little to save a few (hundred) bucks. I hope my MB purchase isn't like owning a boat :)

KJ

Plutoe 06-05-2017 09:37 AM

All the answers to your questions can be found within startekinfo.com--simply put your VIN in and select the topic for research!

kenjunior 06-05-2017 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Plutoe (Post 7170353)
All the answers to your questions can be found within startekinfo.com--simply put your VIN in and select the topic for research!

Am I missing something? I mean, $8.40/day for an annual subscription seems a bit steep for the casual person to just have in their back pocket.

KJ

Plutoe 06-05-2017 12:01 PM

Yep life s a bummer without health, life, auto insurance and it gets worse if you work for free! what's the world coming to! However be patient all will be revealed in time!

Airstreamingyps 06-13-2017 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Plutoe (Post 7170353)

Really? Someone asks questions and the only answer he gets is to go somewhere else? I was looking forward to the answers as I'm new here too. Hopefully someone will reply to Ken.

texterted 06-14-2017 07:47 AM

Best general purpose ODBII reader (ML 350 BlueTec).
The Icarsoft MBII is reasonably good. However, you being an IT guy may wish to source the laptop based Star C3 system. Clones of this Mercedes system are widely available.

Good luck with your ML. :)

clvincent 06-16-2017 03:22 AM

how many miles on it?

do you have the service records? i would make sure EVERY fluid has been changed, including transfer case, transmission , both diffs etc etc

i do not follow mercedes recommendations on fluids
transmission is not sealed for life or any bull**** like that
do it at least every 40,000 miles- i do mine more often
i change my oil every 5000
fuel and air every 10-13,000
transfer case every 10,000

i dont know the answers to the other questions you ask like the radio colors etc

somewhere i downloaded the user manual for my cars, not sure where but it has the capacities etc listed
and i am guessing the recommended intervals on everything

kenjunior 06-16-2017 03:54 PM

Those of you who took a couple minutes to offer thoughts, I appreciate it. I wasn't looking for handouts and freebies but I did kinda expect a little more comradery among fellow owners than what was originally conveyed. I'm going with "I took it wrong, that's not really how they meant it" and leave it at that.

Textered, :) I like it!

clvincent,
I do have some of the service stuff from the vehicle. It's got 58,700 miles on it now, of those I have put about 1,000 of them since ownership. I have towed a basic trailer, the 20' jetboat and a 16' enclosed box trailer all rather well!

It's previous two owners had all work performed at the Mercedes dealership so the dealership records show up, 10k, 20k, etc and the 60k service (fluid changing) have all been completed on or slightly above schedule.

Do you do your own fluid changes or do you have a MB dealer or a 3rd party shop do it?