M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

iDatastart BZ1 remote starter INSTALLED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ML350 Bluetec
iDatastart BZ1 remote starter INSTALLED

I have installed a iDatastart Bz1 remote car starter in my ML350.
The company's web site explains the process in manual and videos available on line..
Not everything is explained thou, and if you run into any problems you're on your own unless you're registered installer.
I got mine on eBay and they (manufacturer) refused providing any support.
I did run into problems and needed to spend extra $100 for necessary, but not included tools.

I managed to figure it out. It starts now using OEM key.
Still have to figure out how to get the included extended range remotes to work.
They don't work "out of the box" and I think that it has to do with proper firmware.
That takes some trial and error tests without the support.
Suggestions appreciated.

If someone needs help installing one, I can share my experience.
Just ask on the forum.

Last edited by Arek777; 11-02-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Arek777
I have installed a iDatastart Bz1 remote car starter in my ML350.
The company's web site explains the process in manual and videos available on line..
Not everything is explained thou, and if you run into any problems you're on your own unless you're registered installer.
I got mine on eBay and they (manufacturer) refused providing any support.
I did run into problems and needed to spend extra $100 for necessary, but not included tools.

I managed to figure it out. It starts now using OEM key.
Still have to figure out how to get the included extended range remotes to work.
They don't work "out of the box" and I think that it has to do with proper firmware.
That takes some trial and error tests without the support.
Suggestions appreciated.

If someone needs help installing one, I can share my experience.
Just ask on the forum.
I think I can help you get your remotes working.

When I got my IDatastart BZ3 module, it was flashed with the "OEM key only" install type. (There are many install types)
You need to re flash your module using one of the "Compustar RF kit and X" or "iDatastart RF kit and X" install types. The factory key start feature will still work.

After that you cycle your key 5x to the ON position, wait for the parking lights flash once, then press the LOCK button once on the remote and wait for one more parking light flash. Check the install manual for the correct sequence.

Go to Best Buy and ask a nice installer to flash your module (takes 2 minutes) or buy a weblink USB cable ($40) on Ebay. There is also an Android and IPhone weblink application and cables ($85).

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...y-install.html

Last edited by benzdude; 01-15-2018 at 04:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Arek777 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 05:30 PM

2011 ML350 Bluetec
Thanks benzdude. I have WebLink, and have tried different firmwares, but not the 5x ignition-flash-press-flash.
Will do when it gets warmer.
A question: one of the parts of this system is an antenna that attaches to the windshield. Is there a light that flashes or stays on when correctly connected?
I have updated the firmware of RF module.
My key starts the car every time (3x lock).

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
There is only one firmware per module. Yours is RS-BZ1A, probably version v4.4 like mine. (the expansion pack also has it own firmware to update. v3.9) .

What you probably tried was different install types. For example :
  • Compustar RF Kit AND Drone
  • Audiovox RF Kit AND Carlink (POSSE)
  • Omega RF kit AND LINKR
  • DEI RF Kit AND SmartStart
  • CrimeStopper RF Kit
  • AKX RF Kit AND SmartStart
  • iDatastart RF kit AND SmartStart
  • iDatastart RF kit AND Drone
  • iDatastart RF kit AND MyStart
  • iDatastart RF kit AND MyCar
  • iDatastart RF kit AND Autolink
  • Audiovox RF Kit AND Carlink (iData)
  • CONNECTED RF Kit AND MyStart
  • CONNECTED RF Kit AND SmartStart
  • CONNECTED RF Kit AND MyCar
  • Orbit RF Kit AND eOrbit
  • Orbit RF Kit AND SmartStart
What remotes did you get with your kit? Are they the "slice JR" looking remotes (google it) or iDataStart remotes? I got the (AN2300A) Universal Antenna, one iDataStart (TR2310A) 2 way remote and one (TR1110A).

The only blue lights I get on the Antenna are right after I plug them into the module. After that nothing.

There are few other things that DON'T work as listed in the remote guides for my iDataStart antenna and remotes (yours may be different):
  • cannot disable valet mode by cycling the ignition to ON 2 times, then pressing the brake 3 times. (as listed in the iDataStart remote guide)
  • cannot disable valet mode by setting the ignition to ON, then pressing the antenna button for 5 seconds (as listed in the iDataStart emote guide)
  • cannot program remotes by pressing the antenna button once quickly, then pressing an holding down until lights turn solid blue (as listed in the iDataStart antenna guide)
  • cannot turn OFF the running car by pressing and holding the button once, pausing, then pressing and holding again. (as listed in the iDataStart remote guide)
To Start or Turn OFF the car simply press and hold the button.

For Valet mode OFF/ON cycle your key 5x to the ON position, wait for the flashes. 2 flashes it's OFF. ONE flash it's ON.

You should get 3 flashes then 6 flashes, if valet mode is ON and you try starting. if you get 3 flashes, then 12 flashes that means your remote start needs a sync. Just turn on the car for 15 seconds and retry.

Your install guide (with module, valet and remote programming instructions) can be found here: http://www.idatalink.com (Enter your year, model, trim, etc)
The following users liked this post:
Arek777 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 04:28 PM

2011 ML350 Bluetec

Thank tou for great info.
Just got back home from a trip and as soon as it gets a bit warmer here (-13) I will try to program it per your guide.
The kit I got included 2 remotes
j