M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

10 ml350 cd changer not working buy changer or unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml350
10 ml350 cd changer not working buy changer or unit

The cd changer in 10 ml350. Worked fine I bought used then one day the wife got a CD stuck. I took it apart and actually found 4 cd from previous owner . The darn think would still hold the 6 it was suppose to hold. After I got the 4 out plus the 1 of my wife's .It now makes a noise like its setting up but will take any disks . Every function on the radio works but cd player.
Is there a way to order just the changer part or do I have to get the whole unit? Any Help Would Be appreciated .Thank you!
Old 02-25-2018, 04:36 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
MB does not sell parts to repair the Comand units. A pity, I just sold one with the 6 cd changer for parts here in Europe because one buyer in the US turned out to be a flake, and no one else wanted it. You can buy the changer but you'll need to go to eBay.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Ml350
Thank you flybd5

This has been one of the hardest things I have ever tried to find that isn't stupidly priced. Again thank you so much for your response .
Old 02-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by shawncan4u
This has been one of the hardest things I have ever tried to find that isn't stupidly priced. Again thank you so much for your response .
The US version of the Comand units are not that expensive, relatively speaking, You could also replace it with an Android-based unit, but there you may find some compatibility issues. Do the homework carefully if you try to do that.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:39 PM

Ml350
Thank you flybd5

The problem with mine is its built with the command unit. Its not a separate unit.the desperate changers are cheap, but hard to find the style mine has. Mine plays dvds also.
I have to change speakers and amp in order to use aftermarket radio. MB has figured a way to complicate the heck out of things.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by shawncan4u
The problem with mine is its built with the command unit. Its not a separate unit.the desperate changers are cheap, but hard to find the style mine has. Mine plays dvds also.
I have to change speakers and amp in order to use aftermarket radio. MB has figured a way to complicate the heck out of things.
You have the same unit I had. Check ebay.de you might find the changer there. Not all aftermarkets require changing audio components. I suppose you have the Harman Kardon audio. Some of the Android units can work with that. Like I said, do your homework. It will take time but it can be done. In the meanwhile, plug in an iPod!