M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

No dash lights after intake manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 06:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cl500
No dash lights after intake manifold

I had mobile mechanic install brand new intake mainfold on 2006 ML350. The car started fine after repair there was misfire after install due to injector connector unplugged and secondary air was unplugged. Then I was starting and running the car to see if I had codes relating to manifold and the I started the car few times. then I was clearing code and it cleared. Next I could not turn key and remote unlock lock would not respond. I was not able to turn key but then it turned but no lights on dash I also noticed that I could not lock or unlock car from fob. I messed with fuses to see if any are blown and after unplugin and plugin fuses I got car to lock and unlock but lights on dash would show up for few seconds and go out and car would not crank. Did my EIS died ? or is there diffren issue?
Old 04-15-2021, 09:58 AM

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
R320, Astro, JSW, ST4
Do you have a spare key?
If so, try it.

I just dropped my key on hardwood floor yesterday evening, it really creeped me out. The things are so delicate.
Even at $300+ dollars, a known good spare key is often cheaper than ignition security diagnostics at an MB dealer.
Dealer might actually suggest getting one as first diagnostic step.

That said, I only have one working key myself (grins sheepishly).