M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Auxiliary Battery Info / Blinkers Related?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550 4Matic AMG, 2006 ML350
Auxiliary Battery Info / Blinkers Related?

Hey friends,

I have a 2006 ML350 (W164). I have a situation where the back left indicator appears to be out, but its actually working.

By "out" I mean the indicator sound picks up speed to a faster clicking, and the system says that the rear signal light is not working.

However, if you actually get out of the car and look, the blinker is working fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I feel like it may be related to having a dead auxiliary battery (the system has been showing it out for a long time), but I haven't ever figured out what the aux battery does, other than keep your system settings if you switch out the main battery.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:56 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
2009 SLK 55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by uncledanger
Hey friends,

I have a 2006 ML350 (W164). I have a situation where the back left indicator appears to be out, but its actually working.

By "out" I mean the indicator sound picks up speed to a faster clicking, and the system says that the rear signal light is not working.

However, if you actually get out of the car and look, the blinker is working fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I feel like it may be related to having a dead auxiliary battery (the system has been showing it out for a long time), but I haven't ever figured out what the aux battery does, other than keep your system settings if you switch out the main battery.
It's my understanding the aux battery is solely for controlling the transmission. All other functions belong to the primary battery.