M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Please help with fuse box !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml w164
Please help with fuse box !

Hi I have been looking all morning for the air conditioning fuse box I have a 2009 ml w164 - this is not through laziness I assure you I have been looking at diagrams all day long 😂
my issue is that my SAM unit needs replacing which is in order and will take approximately 6-8 months to come ! Yeay ! Anyway due to this fault my heaters are on all night and I’m have to charge the battery every day to get the car going - unfortunately the heaters won’t turn off at all so the battery won’t charge and I can’t jump start it the only solution I can think of is to remove the heating fuse so they can no longer be operational- it maybe though lack of sleep or stupidity but i think it’s in the battery fuse box - trouble is the diagram does not look like the actual fuse box - or maybe I’m looking at it wrong ? Please help I really need my car to work ! I live in the middle of nowhere with no way of being able to leave without getting this car to work
Old 04-20-2024, 01:39 PM

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
1998 SL500,2011 GL550,2009 ML350,past 1995 E320 Cabrio ,2005 ML500,2006 ML500,1996 SL500,1972 280SEL
fan running

Originally Posted by dee64628
Hi I have been looking all morning for the air conditioning fuse box I have a 2009 ml w164 - this is not through laziness I assure you I have been looking at diagrams all day long 😂
my issue is that my SAM unit needs replacing which is in order and will take approximately 6-8 months to come ! Yeay ! Anyway due to this fault my heaters are on all night and I’m have to charge the battery every day to get the car going - unfortunately the heaters won’t turn off at all so the battery won’t charge and I can’t jump start it the only solution I can think of is to remove the heating fuse so they can no longer be operational- it maybe though lack of sleep or stupidity but i think it’s in the battery fuse box - trouble is the diagram does not look like the actual fuse box - or maybe I’m looking at it wrong ? Please help I really need my car to work ! I live in the middle of nowhere with no way of being able to leave without getting this car to work
Have you got the problem fixed? The fix I found was to remove the front fan motor and clean up the corrosion on the control board.. fan removal is very easy under the front passenger leg area. The control board always has power and it corrodes from water to short out and run… another easy fix would be remove the fuse at night … but I suggest taking the fan out and looking at the board. Take a look at the 10amp fuse near the passenger door while open.. look at the diagram in the picture i posted

Last edited by vesiadog; 04-20-2024 at 01:56 PM. Reason: wording