MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   2013 BlueTecs, Do they exist? (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/465597-2013-bluetecs-do-they-exist.html)

awjenni 10-02-2012 03:51 PM

2013 BlueTecs, Do they exist?

The factory in Vance, Alabama changed over to MY2013 production around June 20th of this year. I have checked new car inventory at several dealer sites and NONE of them have any diesel ML's in stock. I also looked for diesel (BlueTec) E-Class and GL class cars and there were none to be found.

Are they making any 2013 Bluetecs for the US market? If not, why not?

Al

Baloo588 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

Rest assured that they are coming this month! I have one on order for delivery next month fully loaded with airmatic, p1, keyless, lighting, harmon kardon, wood steering, and parktronic.

dougiebear 10-03-2012 01:38 AM

Has anyone ever actually talked to a dealer??? How many of you yanks are so self absorbed to not ask a dealer. The order guides and changes sheets ALL posted in W166 thread and many of our comments have said BlueTecs begine production in OCT for USA. You yanks got the 2WD in stead starting in june.

dgiturbo 10-03-2012 01:39 AM

awjenni, from what I have heard, the delay is in the certification process with EPA or so, and should be ready soon. (This month is the rumor)

Noticing you are from IL, you will have an even harder time getting one. All the dealers are telling me that Illinois gives a bigger tax break to stations that use more than 10% biodiesel, and since MB only rates their models to 5%, it limits the availability of fuel choices. Thus the dealers are reluctant to stock diesel vehicles. 5% or less is available, but you have to shop around and pay attention to the stickers on the pump. Personally, I have been making an effort to use 5% or less for the past several months just to test myself on availability, and have never had an issue finding it. (I'm planning on a 2014 model, maybe)
Also if you do order one, and have a fuel related issue, and they attribute it to biodiesel above the rating, they will not warranty.

27T 10-03-2012 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear (Post 5379692)
Has anyone ever actually talked to a dealer??? How many of you yanks are so self absorbed to not ask a dealer. The order guides and changes sheets ALL posted in W166 thread and many of our comments have said BlueTecs begine production in OCT for USA. You yanks got the 2WD in stead starting in june.

Completely uncalled for. I get your frustration with uninformed posters that lazily don't search but remember that a 'yank' posted the guides. And i think the Oct BT builds for the US info isnt that easy to find if you are new and don't read every post here. You are coming off as the self absorbed person here.

hutch300 10-03-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear (Post 5379692)

As an FYI to you this will not be tolerated you might consider that in future posts.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

GregW / Oregon 10-03-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by dgiturbo (Post 5379693)
awjenni, from what I have heard, the delay is in the certification process with EPA or so, and should be ready soon. (This month is the rumor).

EPA figures for the diesel are now posted, so I assume the process is finished?

http://greg-w.smugmug.com/Cars/Merce...omy-2013-L.jpg

jbec.keane 10-03-2012 03:03 PM

This just showed up in my twitter account:

http://t.co/Qyr2YXc4

JK

27T 10-04-2012 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by jbec.keane (Post 5380398)
This just showed up in my twitter account:

http://t.co/Qyr2YXc4

JK

So thats a Canadian model? Us bound bluetecs are being built this month according to reports.

dougiebear 10-04-2012 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by hutch300 (Post 5380087)
As an FYI to you this will not be tolerated you might consider that in future posts.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Sorry Gang. But I'm a bit sick of how you folks that don't talk to a dealer I know every dealer has thois info hey I do and yes MY KIDS ARE YANKS THANK YOU!!! I raised a dead soldiers children so I have a few things to say here. You may not like it
But I said nothing wrong unkind or nasty. Harsh yep guilty. Sorry! But many died to give me the right to say them.

dougiebear 10-04-2012 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by 27trout (Post 5381084)
So thats a Canadian model? Us bound bluetecs are being built this month according to reports.

NO Canadian BT rated about 27city 39 hyway to Imp gal
For a 2012. Many getting close I'm told. Mine not a week old yet but seems good

hutch300 10-04-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by dougiebear (Post 5381094)
Sorry Gang. But I'm a bit sick of how you folks that don't talk to a dealer I know every dealer has thois info hey I do and yes MY KIDS ARE YANKS THANK YOU!!! I raised a dead soldiers children so I have a few things to say here. You may not like it
But I said nothing wrong unkind or nasty. Harsh yep guilty. Sorry! But many died to give me the right to say them.

Think of this forum more china than America if you have a bad attitude they can remove you. So keep going see what happens.

dougiebear 10-04-2012 08:17 PM

Its Canada and I have done nothing wrong and said no untruth. And in this Country what you just did that's a threat. 911 hello

serge01 10-04-2012 09:43 PM

Notice to all not all canadians are jackasses.

dougiebear 10-04-2012 10:13 PM

So not worth it.
Sorry to the good friends here. Especially my American, British and Aussi Compatriots. Was never my intent the thread get hijacked. The only person that could have been personally offended by anything I said never did. And he was appologised to.
Done

hutch300 10-05-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by dougiebear (Post 5382034)
Its Canada and I have done nothing wrong and said no untruth. And in this Country what you just did that's a threat. 911 hello

Pretty sure banning someone from a forum is legal everywhere. 911 is for emergencies.

rexgold 10-06-2012 03:36 AM

Guys. With all due respect.. Get over this and talk about cars.. My view is that what Dougiebear said was not anything disrespectful and as he has apologised for that, a line should be drawn on that. If you feel so inclined, let a Mod decide otherwise, I suggest, no more should be written about it.

Can't wait to collect my 350Blutec in 2 weeks time.. Of course, it depends on the ship arriving in Germany and it coming to my dealer in time...

GregW / Oregon 10-06-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by rexgold (Post 5383678)
Guys. With all due respect.. Get over this and talk about cars.. My view is that what Dougiebear said was not anything disrespectful and as he has apologised for that, a line should be drawn on that. If you feel so inclined, let a Mod decide otherwise, I suggest, no more should be written about it.

+1

hutch300 10-06-2012 02:59 PM

Next post will be when I see a blutec at my dealer. I am slotted for early november build but they have a few customers with oct build dates. As of now all blutecs are per sold I think at my dealer

Sportstick 10-06-2012 11:21 PM

Note To All Posters:

It does not matter who your family may be, nor your personal history. This is a forum about automobiles. There is no point to be made that requires derogatory comments about national origin, gender, ethnicity, etc. Everyone needs to take a step back, reconsider how they make their arguments if they are having a disagreement, and come back to some other thread with a better attitude. As this forum is a private entity and not part of any governmental body, arguments about "free speech" do not apply. The forum has rules about online behavior and has the right to terminate and exclude conversations and members who do not abide by them. I hope not to have to take further steps with anyone here. Thank you for your cooperation. This thread is closed.