M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Anyone looking for a spare brand new set of 19 inch ML rims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML
Anyone looking for a spare brand new set of 19 inch ML rims?

Hi guys, after 2 months waiting,I am finally taking delivery of my ML350 this weekend
I have a set of AMG rims waiting to be put on the car, will pretty much be driving rigt to the tire shop after taking delivery. I live in a apartment complex so its very inconvenient to keep second set of wheels. If anyone is interested in a second set, I am selling brand new 19 inch rims/tires. They will have like 25 miles on them! I am in Massachusetts, but can meet up in NY or NJ as well, i am there at least every other weekend.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE 450
Some M-B dealers will store the tires for a small fee. As no doubt you guys get snow up there in Mass. perhaps you could use them for a set of snow tires.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 AM

2013 ML
Originally Posted by frtdog
Some M-B dealers will store the tires for a small fee. As no doubt you guys get snow up there in Mass. perhaps you could use them for a set of snow tires.
The reason i got 4matic, is pretty much so i dont have to swap for winter tires all the time.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by stas2007
The reason i got 4matic, is pretty much so i dont have to swap for winter tires all the time.
All wheel drive is no good without the proper tire for conditions. All Seasons are a compromise most of the time that may leave you stranded when going gets tough.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by stas2007
I suppose it really depends on the number of snow days you have in your area. But 4Matic is definitely not a substitution for winter tires. They serve different purpose. 4Matic would get you going, while winter tires help you to stop and turn.

An alternative to avoid switching tires twice a year is to use an "all weather" tire such as Nokian WRG2. They are basically "winter tires which can be driven in the summer" (they are certified to carry the Mountain/Snowflake symbol like all other winter tires); and can be an option if you don't see too many snow days.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM

2014 ML350 BlueTec.
Any pic's...............

I'd like to see them........................
Old 10-28-2012, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Snoop its not the snow that you need winter tires for its the ccccCOLD.
Winter rubber will stop you 30 or more feet shorter then all seasons on dry asphalt at
7 C or about 40 F and colder.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM

2013 ML
Originally Posted by nosnoop
I suppose it really depends on the number of snow days you have in your area. But 4Matic is definitely not a substitution for winter tires. They serve different purpose. 4Matic would get you going, while winter tires help you to stop and turn.

An alternative to avoid switching tires twice a year is to use an "all weather" tire such as Nokian WRG2. They are basically "winter tires which can be driven in the summer" (they are certified to carry the Mountain/Snowflake symbol like all other winter tires); and can be an option if you don't see too many snow days.
Well I recently got an apartment very close to work; My daily commute is about 5 miles and we really dont get that much snow here in Boston, i dont see a point to get snow tires for the second set, all seasons should be more than enough for me.

Originally Posted by C-rod
I'd like to see them........................
I ll post pictures as soon as I get the car (its any day now)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:37 PM

2020 GLE 450
We all know the final decision is yours. I think all the posts here reflect folks concerned about keeping you new ML in one piece. Snow tires not only help you get around but they help you avoid all those who do not have them. Besides you live in a very beautiful part of the country and even though it is only 5 miles to work, I'm sure there would be weekends where you would like to go up into the boonies with someone to snuggle up with. Snow tires would help get you there. Unless of course your plan is to get there without snow tires then use the old excuse of "Gee honey, it's looked like we are snowed in". (wink wink)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 BlueTec
I am interested. Just sent you an email.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
If you have had a traction problem when driving up to your lodge or apartment at your resort or have had a driving safety issue on mountain roads it will be because these type of tyres are fitted to your vehicle. Due to their width, rubber compound and tread pattern, high performance summer tyres provide unacceptable grip for low temperature snow driving.

High performance, high speed rated tyres and cold winter alpine temperatures, snow and icy roads are not compatible.
Most 2WD & an increasing number of AWD vehicles are supplied with high performance summer tyres that are not fitted with appropriate tyres for snow season driving.

High performance speed rated tyres, V (240km/h), W (270km/h) and Y (300 km/h) were never designed by the tyre maker to be driven in low ambient temperatures or in snow and icy conditions. Only when these vehicles are fitted with correct winter/snow tyres can a vehicle owner can warrant that the vehicle will be fitted with appropriate tyres for snow season driving.

It is also important to note that the recent advancements in electronic driver aids, such as ABS, ESC and traction control do not provide more traction. These electronic aids only prevent drivers from over braking or overpowering the available traction of their tyres. The only thing the driver can do to increase traction, to actually get more grip and safer control, is to install winter/snow tyres.

I am sure you will find these video links of interest.................

http://finishlineautorepair.autotips.../winter-tires/
video - summer or winter tyres?
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/bmw-x3-video-summer-or-winter-tyres/
Do winter tyres work?
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/do-winter-tyres-work-video/

Snow tyre info link
http://www.snowtyres.com.au/

Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Originally Posted by masoncarol
That's some crazy price with expensive shipping..

What are you referring to?