MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   No On Off Road package with 2013 BlueTECs? (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/468536-no-off-road-package-2013-bluetecs.html)

dgiturbo 10-28-2012 11:01 AM

No On Off Road package with 2013 BlueTECs?

Can anyone say why MBUSA website does not show this package with the BlueTEC ML or GL models? Seems like a gasser only thing. Because of this I can't get the Airmatic suspension with a BlueTEC ML.

dougiebear 10-28-2012 02:32 PM

Airmatic Separate Option this year and was part of a different package last year.

dgiturbo 10-28-2012 02:39 PM

So is Airmatic a special order for the BlueTEC? It's not on the MBUSA build site.
Also anyone with the 6 position suspension knob on a US BlueTEC? If so was that also special order?

Baloo588 10-29-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by dgiturbo (Post 5411334)
So is Airmatic a special order for the BlueTEC? It's not on the MBUSA build site.
Also anyone with the 6 position suspension knob on a US BlueTEC? If so was that also special order?

I got my 2013 ML350 bluetec ordered with the stand alone air supension for 1,650. ITs well worth option to have.

gr8 n8 10-29-2012 08:01 PM

I ran into this issue when I ordered mine back in May. Unfortunately it is not an option for the BlueTEC. I special ordered the airmatic and active curve. But you don't get the cool dial with the different settings, just 'sport' or 'comfort'. I'd highly recommend this set-up.

dgiturbo 10-30-2012 10:00 AM

Thanks Baloo588 and gr8 n8.
Was at the dealer yesterday and did learn that for $1610 (Code 489) plus a $250 special order fee, I can get the Airmatic as a stand alone. Also heated washer bottle is also a special order. (Code 875 $105)
I guess that this way is better than when I ordered Airmatic on my current '07 ML, because back then it was only included in "Package 3" (Think that was a 5+ grand option.)
The 2 speed Dif and the control selector that everyone else gets would be nice to have since this is now a 65000 truck.
Wonder if for 2014 MB may reconsider?

gr8 n8 10-30-2012 10:18 AM

they should re-consider. diesel seems more suited for the off-road.
ask about other special order items. there were a bunch I did not know about until after I placed my order. Also you should ask about adding the active curve system in addition to the airmatic, another special order. I have it on mine and believe it makes a difference in handling around corners and windy roads.

dgiturbo 10-30-2012 10:35 AM

gr8 n8, Does your stand alone Airmatic have the ability to raise or lower the vehicle height with a touch button? Or is it just sport and comfort modes?
NO dealer anywhere near me has one with these features in stock to look at or try. Any feedback would be nice in terms of road feel etc.
Thanks for the tip on Active curve. I somehow thought it was part of Airmatic..

dougiebear 10-30-2012 12:17 PM

Option is the same as before 2012 but 19in wheels as 20s short supply. I'm wondering if the offroad hi/lo gearbox won't meet California emission with diesel. But remember so few US folks get diesel and that would be fewer with offroad. Certification would be cost prohibitive. For others as you found out do "some" research here but HEY get ur a?? to a dealer and sit down where you can see the associates screen and and do a build. Ask what is available special order as you do build. The online build is so conservative catering to average or less.

gr8 n8 10-30-2012 02:25 PM

yes, I have the airmatic touch button in addition to the sport/comfort button.

iankayem 10-30-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by dougiebear (Post 5413696)
But remember so few US folks get diesel and that would be fewer with offroad. Certification would be cost prohibitive.

They can put these options up and get them certified for Australian Design Rules, for sale here where the volumes are pretty small.

There are a lot of cars which do not make it here due to the expense to get it certified. If we want to see them, we have to go to New Zealand or New Guineau, where certification is merely rubber stamping.

The volumes in the US even for less popular options would far outweigh the Australian volumes. :bow: