M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Michelin X-Ice xi2's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BT, 2016 E400 Coupe (preping to order soon)
Michelin X-Ice xi2's

I bought a set of 4 Michelin X-Ice xi2's this past November for my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec. They're 255/55/19's. Well, we had a pretty significant storm here in the northeast this past weekend giving me the first real opportunity to drive in the snow - after the statewide driving ban was lifted. I have to tell you that I felt completely unsafe on the hard pack as well in icy conditions, as if I'm slip sliding away. I've called the dealer I bought the tires from and told them the same. Now I'm looking for an alternative, even if they don't refund my money. The Nokian Hakkapaliita R's have gotten rave reviews on a number of sites, and I've read the other threads where folks here seem to be happy with the Pirelli Scorpions. Also read that downsizing can make a difference, but I purchased a new set of 19" wheels when I bought the tires. I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences with the two brands I'm considering, alternatives also - and thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 E550 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by cobalt210
I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences with the two brands I'm considering, alternatives also - and thanks.
I used the older style Pirelli's for a couple years in the Pocannos of PA on an '06 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD (pretty much W210 E class design) with very good results. The tires out lasted the OEM Conti's by a factor of two, including the trip last summer cross country in very high (110+) heat. The tire was changed for this year and I know nothing about the new one though.