MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work? (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/488598-does-your-dealer-provide-mb-loaners-while-your-car-warranty-work.html)

Finnegan 02-14-2013 02:48 PM

Does your dealer provide MB loaners while your car is in for warranty work?

My MB dealer doesn't provide Mercedes vehicles to loan out while my car is in for warranty work. When I call to schedule my appointment I tell them I need a loaner. When I arrive there's an agent from Avis with a FREE rental car - except you have to decide whether you want to use your personal auto insurance and deductible or pay for their insurance at exorbitant prices.

These are the fees per day that they would charge.

$18.99 for loss damage waiver
$ 4.00 for personal accident insurance
$ 2.95 for personal effects protection
$14.49 for additional liability insurance

And of course you must return it with the same amount of gas or they charge you $7.00 a gallon. I have no problem with that - except they don't bother to top off the tank before giving it to you. So before you return it you have to decide how much gas to put in and my guess is that most people put in extra to avoid any possible charges.

And since there is no charge for actually renting the car you can't charge it to a credit card and use the coverage the credit card provides.

My SA did tell me that MB is pressuring them to provide MB cars but I don't see that happening.

xxGenericSNxx 02-14-2013 04:05 PM

My MB dealer only provides loaners (C250 sedan/ C300 sedan/ GLK350 4matics) to people who are getting work done on their car if they have a valid warranty. So if a customer brings in their brand new MB for non warranty work, such as oil change, they get a loaner. If your car is out of warranty, a longer will not be provided.

That's simply the policy that my dealer operates by.

LazKat 02-14-2013 05:38 PM

Mine's been in once, for an mBrace re-initialization, and I was provided with a C300 as a loaner. I was assured than any warranty service work includes use of an MB loaner car.

FLICK12 02-14-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by LazKat
Mine's been in once, for an mBrace re-initialization, and I was provided with a C300 as a loaner. I was assured than any warranty service work includes use of an MB loaner car.

Had mine in for warranty work twice. Both times got a GLK

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android

red308 02-14-2013 07:44 PM

My dealer provides free MB "rental" cars. In other words, they pay the rental fee. But all of the cars are right there at the dealer. Signing the papers takes about 3 minutes. No extras on insurance. The cars are C,GLK,E. Pretty nice cars. Returning the car takes 1 minute.

Been doing it this way for 10 years. They do this for any car that is in warranty or on extended warranty contract.

I would never own a MB without either being in warranty or on an extended warranty. So, for me, there is always a free loaner.

YYZ-E55 02-14-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Finnegan (Post 5545450)
My MB dealer doesn't provide Mercedes vehicles to loan out while my car is in for warranty work. When I call to schedule my appointment I tell them I need a loaner. When I arrive there's an agent from Avis with a FREE rental car - except you have to decide whether you want to use your personal auto insurance and deductible or pay for their insurance at exorbitant prices.

These are the fees per day that they would charge.

$18.99 for loss damage waiver
$ 4.00 for personal accident insurance
$ 2.95 for personal effects protection
$14.49 for additional liability insurance

And of course you must return it with the same amount of gas or they charge you $7.00 a gallon. I have no problem with that - except they don't bother to top off the tank before giving it to you. So before you return it you have to decide how much gas to put in and my guess is that most people put in extra to avoid any possible charges.

And since there is no charge for actually renting the car you can't charge it to a credit card and use the coverage the credit card provides.

My SA did tell me that MB is pressuring them to provide MB cars but I don't see that happening.

The insurance situation would be the same if you wrecked a loaner car owned by the dealership - your insurance would pay and your coverage/deductible would apply.

jean7of9 02-14-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx (Post 5545524)
My MB dealer only provides loaners (C250 sedan/ C300 sedan/ GLK350 4matics)

Lucky dudes. My dealer provides only B-200, and if you do not like it you can get a Smart, or a limousine to take you home. Coustesy cars are given only to owners who purchased their cars at this dealership, for as long as they own the car. You get it with a full tank and you are required to bring it back full.

Shrdlu 02-15-2013 09:41 AM

My dealer, one of some 100 stores owned by Sonic Automotive, has a desk manned by an Enterprise rent-a-car rep in the reception area--when he is there. Last time I dropped off my ML350, the Enterprise guy was next door at the BMW dealer (also a Sonic operation). There were five very annoyed MB customers waiting for him to come back. Then he ran out of Enterprise's POS rentals--another delay. Took the last person in line two hours to get out of there.

chikoo 02-15-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by red308 (Post 5545743)
My dealer provides free MB "rental" cars. In other words, they pay the rental fee. But all of the cars are right there at the dealer. Signing the papers takes about 3 minutes. No extras on insurance. The cars are C,GLK,E. Pretty nice cars. Returning the car takes 1 minute.

Been doing it this way for 10 years. They do this for any car that is in warranty or on extended warranty contract.

I would never own a MB without either being in warranty or on an extended warranty. So, for me, there is always a free loaner.

same here with MB of Plano. Except that it is only for work exceeding 2 hours. So oil changes and like....wait and watch tv. WTF.

Enterprise provides the c-class loaners. takes 1 or 2 minutes to pickup and drop off. Very streamlined process. The loaners are actually ready to go in the last drive-up lane.
There are 3 people manning the Enterprise desk, by the way.

cookstar 02-15-2013 05:19 PM

My dealer provides B200's and B200 Turbos, ( as of June), probably the same thing now. no charge what so ever but you have to book an appointment to be able to actually get a car ( usually booked a month in advance to guarantee it)

MAmendola 02-15-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 5546881)
My dealer provides B200's and B200 Turbos, ( as of June), probably the same thing now. no charge what so ever but you have to book an appointment to be able to actually get a car ( usually booked a month in advance to guarantee it)

My dealer is about 70 miles from me. They will bring a car to me usually a new E class, take mine and return it to me in a day or two. No charge to me at all. My M class is out of warranty but I have been told that I will still be able to get a loaner no charge. I am lucky that my independent MB shop is 2 miles from my house. If I call ahead of time I get a loaner usually an M or R class. No need to go to the dealer. My local shop rates are about a third less than the dealer and I trust them.

BenzBee 02-17-2013 09:26 PM

Free loaners here from MB or BMW. MB has plenty of them. BMW will give you an Enterprise one if they don't have a loaner.

Cyber GS 02-18-2013 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55 (Post 5545808)
The insurance situation would be the same if you wrecked a loaner car owned by the dealership - your insurance would pay and your coverage/deductible would apply.

^^:ditto:^^

My dealer provides C, GLK, ML and has a couple of GL’s as service loaners.
They even offered my wife a Smart car once which she refused.

geeaccord 02-19-2013 07:14 PM

My dealer is the best i evey have been to even for a oil change MB give me a free vehicle.:y

2012MLBlue 02-20-2013 11:52 AM

My ML550 is in today for its first Service A. Driving a loaner GLK and had my choice between that and a C class. I always have it written in my sales contracts that I am to receive a loaner car at no charge for ANY service visit for as long as I own the car. Have done this with Acura, BMW and MB with no issues. If out of loaner vehicles I ask for a Sales Reps car.

jean7of9 02-21-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue (Post 5551978)
My ML550 is in today for its first Service A. Driving a loaner GLK and had my choice between that and a C class. I always have it written in my sales contracts that I am to receive a loaner car at no charge for ANY service visit for as long as I own the car. Have done this with Acura, BMW and MB with no issues. If out of loaner vehicles I ask for a Sales Reps car.

Who is you dealer. Mine is MB Laval and they only loan B-200 or less.

2012MLBlue 02-21-2013 11:57 AM

MB Burlington Ontario.

jean7of9 02-21-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue (Post 5553216)
MB Burlington Ontario.

2012MLBlue: Thanks. Obviously your dealer has better appreciation for his customers.

2012MLBlue 02-21-2013 04:26 PM

Even better than the GLK I drove while my ML was in for service was finding out I had a $1,000 credit on my account courtesy of the sales department. My $400 Service A ended up costing nothing and I still have a $600 credit towards future service. :y

jean7of9 02-21-2013 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2012MLBlue (Post 5553489)
Even better than the GLK I drove while my ML was in for service was finding out I had a $1,000 credit on my account courtesy of the sales department. My $400 Service A ended up costing nothing and I still have a $600 credit towards future service. :y

Lucky dude. I hate Ontario dealers. They keep showing what we are missing here.

AS705 02-22-2013 06:53 AM

We are fortunate enough to have a Star Dealer (5 Consecutive years) in Ontario that advised me during my A service that when I come in for my B service, I can get a loner with no issues.

BD-C63 02-22-2013 07:05 AM

My dealer will, upon request, have a driver bring a loaner (usually c class) to my place of work (about 30 miles) drop it off, & take my car. When done, they send 2 drivers, one in my car, and the second in another car to take him back to the dealer! This has been done for warranty & paid service.

2012MLBlue 02-22-2013 07:26 AM

I know I'm paying for it. $400 for an oil change? The loaner cost, detailing and other perks are all added into that ridiculous service cost. The reality? I don't care about the price and love great service. :D

Cyber GS 02-22-2013 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by BD-C63 (Post 5554227)
My dealer will, upon request, have a driver bring a loaner (usually c class) to my place of work (about 30 miles) drop it off, & take my car. When done, they send 2 drivers, one in my car, and the second in another car to take him back to the dealer! This has been done for warranty & paid service.

My dealer will do the same thing upon request, also for either warranty or routine work.

I haven't used this service yet but it's good to know it's available.

xxGenericSNxx 02-22-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by BD-C63 (Post 5554227)

Wouldn't it make more sense that when they come to drop off your car, there's only one driver? Because they would drive back in the loaner car they gave you earlier in the day.