MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   Waiting for my New 2014ML 350 Bluetec (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/510499-waiting-my-new-2014ml-350-bluetec.html)

Coreysimms 08-18-2013 09:12 PM

Waiting for my New 2014ML 350 Bluetec

Hi everyone. I became a member of the forum last week right after ordering a 2014ML350 Bluetec. Unfortunately I have to wait approximately 2 months before I get it. A few of the options I added are:
-Obsidian black. I liked steel gray, but the lady of the house likes the black. Need to buy a little more polish and wax.
-Panoramic Roof
-Xenon lights,
-Premium package 1
-Special order sport interior package (alcontara)
-Special oder MB-Tex wrapped dash
-Harmon Kardon
-Tow Hitch
-20" rims
-Running boards.
-Parking assist
-Lane tracking system
-Anthracite trim
-Keyless Go which I didn't really want, but my wife says its a lot easier when the key is burried in her purse. She will be driving it more than me anyway so...
Hope I have some pictures to share sometime in the middle of October.

Baloo588 08-20-2013 01:58 PM

Congrats!! We got more than 620 miles on a tank of gas on our 2013 Ml350 bluetec this past weekend on a road trip and we love it. Good torque and smooth ride. It will take about 5k miles to break in and get optimal highway gas mileage around 27 mpg.

Coreysimms 08-20-2013 03:19 PM

Wow. That is really good for such a big vehicle. How many miles do you have on yours so far? Are you happy with the power on the street and the highway?

Baloo588 08-20-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Coreysimms (Post 5754426)
Wow. That is really good for such a big vehicle. How many miles do you have on yours so far? Are you happy with the power on the street and the highway?

We have about 20k miles on the ML. Its 10 months old. Very good response in town and highway. The power is endless in the lower RPMS and we could accelerate the SUV with 5 ppl and 7 luggages up to highway speed effortlessly. Just to let you know, the low gas light comes on about 5 gallons before its completely empty so I keep going until the cruising range is 0 and approximately 30 miles thereafter. That gives me about 2 gallons left in reserve.

Coreysimms 08-20-2013 08:15 PM

That's really good information on the gas light. You are helping me believe I made the right decision. Thanks. I wish I'd didn't have to wait almost 2 months to get it.

340z 08-21-2013 10:14 PM

Hi Corey,

You're going to love it.

I got a 2013 bluetec in April (after about a 3 month wait)and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I find it to have quite a smooth ride, and I really like the diesel's powerband in real world driving.

I have about 5k on it now and have been consistently getting 27 mpg on the highways around the Bay Area.

Coreysimms 08-21-2013 10:32 PM

Good to hear. Just curious, why did it take three months to get? I am looking forward to taking some long trips with it once it comes. Hopefully within the two months the dealer told us.

340z 08-21-2013 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Coreysimms (Post 5756184)
Good to hear. Just curious, why did it take three months to get? I am looking forward to taking some long trips with it once it comes. Hopefully within the two months the dealer told us.

I had a pretty specific set of desired features, including a special order item (passenger side seat memory), that I was set on. No one had it, or anything close in stock, so I had to order it. It was actually 2 and half months from the day I first test drove one, and right on the target delivery date that the dealer provided me....(once I was convinced I wanted it....it just seemed to take longer...;-))

The dealer had a future build slot allocation and actually 'spec'd' my draft config for that slot before I decided that I wanted to get the ML over some other vehicles I was looking at. This enabled him to ensure that the components I wanted were available for delivery in that slot. He was able to confirm that all the options were available and the build date once I confirmed what I wanted, and provided updates as it got closer to build and delivery.

If your dealer has a slot for yours, he should be able to give you a pretty good timeline for the build date. The one variable is the delivery time from the factory. I think that can vary a bit, depending on the geographic distribution of orders, but it didn't take too long after the build to get here. I think it was about a week.

It actually came in on my wife's birthday, and while she was ok with picking it up that night, I sensed the better long term move was to keep our dinner plans and pick it up the next day....

Coreysimms 08-21-2013 11:04 PM

Ok. Sounds good. I have a few special order items such as the sport alcontara interior, and the MB-Tex wrapped dash. We just ordered it last Thursday. He did mention it would be replacing another vehicle in his allocation. Forty five to sixty days is what we were told. Salesman said he would be calling us at the end of this week, so maybe we will have some type of build date. He did say that the options we wanted are available after a fe minutes on the computer the day we ordered. So we will see.
Good thing you kept the dinner plans on the wife's birthday. I am going to see if the dealer will put that Christmas red bow on it for my wife. I think she wants to take pictures with the bow, and then they can have it back...lol. We ordered from RAB in San Rafeal.

SDGuy 08-23-2013 11:40 AM

Congrats on your order. I ordered my Bluetec on Aug 2 in San Diego and was just told my build date will be "second week in October". So you did fine with your dealer and the timeframe. My dealer didn't have a changeable allocation for a Bluetec and unfortunately they don't allow a gas allocation to be switched to a diesel from what I was told. My car is going to be pretty well loaded (not as much as yours) with an MSRP of $72K. I got what I think is a good deal (we can compare notes with a PM if you care to). I'm supposed to take a road trip the third week in October but will probably just miss out. Can I borrow your car? :)

Coreysimms 08-23-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by SDGuy (Post 5757717)
Congrats on your order. I ordered my Bluetec on Aug 2 in San Diego and was just told my build date will be "second week in October". So you did fine with your dealer and the timeframe. My dealer didn't have a changeable allocation for a Bluetec and unfortunately they don't allow a gas allocation to be switched to a diesel from what I was told. My car is going to be pretty well loaded (not as much as yours) with an MSRP of $72K. I got what I think is a good deal (we can compare notes with a PM if you care to). I'm supposed to take a road trip the third week in October but will probably just miss out. Can I borrow your car? :)

How long did it take before you heard from your dealer with an estimated delivery time? My order went in on the 15th, so I am going to guess about the middle to end of October. I will PM you and ask about some of your options.
I was going to sell that car before getting the ML, but my wife won't let us part with it, which is ok with me. She gets teh ML the CLK becomes my car full time...:zoom:

Coreysimms 10-04-2013 06:25 PM

I received an e-mail from my dealer today telling me that my ML350 Bluetec has just been completed at the factory and should arrive at the dealership in 15 to 17 days. I live in Northern California,so it's has to ride a train across the country, and sit in a customs yard for about three days. So now even more anxious.

fdjr 10-04-2013 11:17 PM

Mine is on a barge!

Coreysimms 10-04-2013 11:20 PM

Where do you live? When do you expect to get it?

fdjr 10-05-2013 01:16 AM

Goes from plant to LA by train, then Seattle by truck. Then Seattle across the Gulf of Alaska by barge. I think it lands sunday

Fvb201 10-05-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Coreysimms (Post 5800561)
Where do you live? When do you expect to get it?

Coreysimms, what was your productions date? Mine is 3rd decade of October. Was your third decade of September or first of October.

Coreysimms 10-05-2013 07:30 PM

Dealer never gave me a production date. I asked, but he acted like he didn't know and couldn't find out. All I know it was built last week, first week in October.

leapingpoint 10-09-2013 11:02 PM

Congrats on the order!

One question though: you've already gone for the 20" rims, why not have chosen the "Sport Package Plus One" altogether?

Coreysimms 10-10-2013 06:16 AM

Good question. My wife doesn't like the AMG wheels and the sport body kit. Also, over 3 grand for the package was taking is over what we had budgeted for the vehicle.

SDGuy 10-12-2013 10:25 PM

I got the word yesterday that my Bluetec is in production with a Oct 14 completion. I guess the plant doesn't have Columbus day off. Hopefully my ML will arrive in San Diego by month's end :)

Anyone in S. California looking for a 2009 C350 White with Mocha P2,MM,18" AMG, Pano roof with only 15K miles?

Coreysimms 10-12-2013 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by SDGuy (Post 5808526)
I got the word yesterday that my Bluetec is in production with a Oct 14 completion. I guess the plant doesn't have Columbus day off. Hopefully my ML will arrive in San Diego by month's end :)

Anyone in S. California looking for a 2009 C350 White with Mocha P2,MM,18" AMG, Pano roof with only 15K miles?

I am guessing you are getting extra anxious now. I talked to my dealer today actually, and it looks like mine will be ready for pick up on Thursday or Friday this coming week.

14MLBT 10-13-2013 01:43 PM

Good choice. I picked mine last Wednesday. Traded the 12 ML350. I used to special order my vehicles but I just got tired of waiting.

Coreysimms 10-13-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by 14MLBT (Post 5808966)
Good choice. I picked mine last Wednesday. Traded the 12 ML350. I used to special order my vehicles but I just got tired of waiting.

I am guessing you have been real happy with the 2012 to get the 2014. Was your MY12 a Bluetec?

14MLBT 10-13-2013 05:36 PM

I had the gasoline/e-85 version. I was actually ready to get the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland but the quality isn't up to the quality so I stuck with the Benz.

Coreysimms 10-17-2013 01:50 AM

Just wanted to send out an update. Today I picked up my new ML350 Bluetec. It is everything I hoped for and more. The power is wonderful. I love the Harmon Kardon and the ambient lighting. So far the polar is my favorite ambient lighting color. I hope to download some pix over the next couple of days.