MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   Who has the smoothest roads ? (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/546790-who-has-smoothest-roads.html)

Nanook 06-24-2014 09:52 AM

Who has the smoothest roads ?

I already know we have the roughest roads :)...driving in sport+ or even soprt for that matter is seldom enjoyable around here..summer or winter. Some highways have decent tops but nothing I'm certain to say you guys in San Diego or Florida ? Can you select sport plus and leave it there ?

another_geek 06-24-2014 10:18 AM

I leave mine in Sport full-time. Winter? never heard of it... We only have 1 season here :D

Nanook 06-24-2014 11:27 AM

grrr

GregGebhardt 06-24-2014 12:27 PM

No smooth roads here in Florida. I use the softer setting 90% of the time and only do sport mode when wanted. No way I would leave it on all the time.

27T 06-24-2014 03:26 PM

Freeways are decent in Los Angeles. Roads can be terrible.

jean7of9 06-24-2014 11:38 PM

In Québec we cannot be accused for having the smoothest roads yet. Not before 2050. Unfortunately I will not live that long to witness that event. At any time, there are more than 50,000 orange barrels or cones around metropolitan Montreal, diverting or blocking bridges, highways, roads or streets. Three weeks ago the biggest pothole swallowed a van in downtown Montreal. There are 48000+ holes to repair. The new generation does not know that somewhere else in the world there are roads or streets without cones or potholes, unless they visited USA or Europe. Do not even think to use Sport or Sport+ here unless you can enjoy a strong backache. To add insult to injury, I replaced three winter tires this winter for two cars after large punctures in city streets. New tires, shocks and springs is a striving business around here. On the positive site, we have them all in French et voilà!!!

Nanook 06-24-2014 11:45 PM

Ya I guess you and Winnipeg may rate right up there with us...

2012MLBlue 06-25-2014 08:23 AM

The only time I take mine off sport is when my wife is in the car with me or if I am towing.

Streamliner 06-26-2014 11:07 AM

I live in Newport Beach, CA and I must say that here in Orange County we have some of the smoothest roads I have ever seen, truly a joy to drive on. I used to have a business up in Los Angeles and went there daily. Now when I occasionally go there, I can't wait to get back to my nice, smooth, Orange County roads. If any of you ever come out this way, make sure you drive Pacific Coast Highway from the Los Angeles County Line, south through Huntington Beach ("Surf City"), Newport Beach, Laguna Beach and down into San Clemente. Great drive, lots of special cars to ogle, great ocean views and our signature temps in the 70's, low humidity and wonderful ocean breezes. Lots of fabulous restaurants, shopping and bikinis everywhere. Just writing about this makes me want to fire up the SL and go for a drive! There has to be some huge benefits to living here, with our "Governor Moonbeam," outrageous taxes and truly insane real estate prices, but most of us wouldn't live anywhere else. It will be 73 degrees here today! Sorry for rubbing it in, Streamliner.

EVOII_Racer 07-21-2014 11:31 AM

lol some of you guys are lucky with the summer all year :D

In Switzerland I can leave it in S+ most of the times apart in winter and road-works.

However on the German autobahn, I leave it in C because when you are legally :naughty: above 100 mph I found the tarmac not so smoth near Stuttgart and Frankfurt.