MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   M-Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166-149/)
-   -   Wipers for 2012 ML (https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w166/568562-wipers-2012-ml.html)

eggyacid 12-22-2014 04:34 PM

Wipers for 2012 ML

Too confusing, i might be complicating things by google search them.
I was looking for aftermarket wiper size for 2012 ML-350 and found few post mentioned only the OEMs will fit. Then i found sites mentioned the correct adapter needed for the aftermarket to work. Lastly, i found there are different sizes...

what are you guys doing as far as wiper blades?
- OEM?
- After market? what brand and what size? (21 x 26 or 22 x 26)
- Adapters if aftermarket?
- Preference

sorry for such a stupid lame topic

Barry45RPM 12-22-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by eggyacid (Post 6271354)
Too confusing, i might be complicating things by google search them.
I was looking for aftermarket wiper size for 2012 ML-350 and found few post mentioned only the OEMs will fit. Then i found sites mentioned the correct adapter needed for the aftermarket to work. Lastly, i found there are different sizes...

what are you guys doing as far as wiper blades?
- OEM?
- After market? what brand and what size? (21 x 26 or 22 x 26)
- Adapters if aftermarket?
- Preference

sorry for such a stupid lame topic

If you don't want OEM/Dealer blades for some reason, TRICO NeoForm are awesome blades... order from Amazon»
25" Blade - Driver Side Part #: 16-2515
22" Blade - Passenger Side Part #: 16-2213

skw 12-28-2014 10:07 PM

Just go OEM from the dealer. Dealer websites usually has a specials page w/ a discount on parts. Or you can find an MB dealer that sells parts on Ebay. Even if they don't have wipers listed, email them and they'd most likely put some up for you. Why bother messing around w/ aftermarket or adapters?

Semibru 01-26-2015 03:07 PM

+1 on using the dealer OEM blades.

The Bosch Icon works well on the driver side, but suggested passenger side blade is an inch shorter (21" not 22"). This may sound trivial, but meant that only wiped half of the glass in front of the sensor that controls the automatic wiper speed (behind the mirror). My wipers would randomly turn on even when not raining. I'm also suspicious this camera/sensor is connected to my blind spot detection, which is also suddenly acting up.

I tried replacing this was a 22" Rain-x Latitude - the suggested size and, according to Amazon: This product fits this position on your 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350. Unless I'm missing something, the PTB connector for the Rain-x isn't compatible with the arm on my ML350.

msim 01-26-2015 07:13 PM

For what it's worth, I've had a 2012 ML350 for a few years, never had a problem with the blades. At some point, they replaced them in a flex service (I think I posted on another thread about it) and they just haven't been right - chattering, not cleaning well, etc. I tried a basic cleaning of the blades and a good clean of the window several times. They might work for a few swipes, but quickly start chattering, except when using fluid. The bottom of the driver's blade doesn't seem to make contact well. Last time I was in, they looked at them and replaced them as they noticed the issue. However, next rain - same issue (can even replicate with a hose). I will continue to have them checked and replaced if necessary during services, but I don't have time to drop everything and head to the dealer every time it rains and I find that my wipers are chattering.

Long story short, I tried Trico NeoForms suggested in another thread, but they did almost the same thing - better, but nothing like the originals I had.

I then ordered the Trico Force from Amazon (25220, 25260) (22"/26"). They work flawlessly. I used to use Bosch Icon on my older vehicle and never had a problem, so those might work too. I prefer the lower profile of the OEM, but I barely notice these. I hate that I had to buy these and will persist to have working OEMs put on if for no other reason than the principle of the thing. The dealer has honored the warranty of the OEMs without question - so credit to them. In the meantime, the Trico Force are working beautifully and I always feel obligated to let people know when a product actually performs as expected to me. For now, I'll gladly keep these blades on.

Good luck.

STLML350 01-26-2015 07:23 PM

I am tring the new Bosch wipers on my 2010 ML350 and they work great, I think I shorten by one inch to get a little more down force on the wiper edge.

2012MLBlue 01-29-2015 01:44 PM

Still on original blades three years in and they still work like new. Maybe parking indoors helps protect the rubber from the sun?

Cwbrcarr 02-25-2015 08:11 PM

I had the exact same experience on my 2014 ML350. Thank you for the info on a fix. To their credit the dealer has replaced the blades 2 times with no luck. Original blades had no problem. Replacements under the paid Maintenance chatter badly. They blame rain-x I put on so I could get home on a Rainey night in Florida with out using the wipers. There is a quality problem with the OEM replacements.