Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209, C219, W203, W211, W164
Won't go past fifth gear and stuck indicator

Hi.
I've got a 2013 ML350 BlueTec.
I've been getting quite a few instances where the gears are stuck.
Usually in 2nd or 3rd. If I change it manually it would go up gears.
Today my car won't go past fifth gear even on streches of road where I know it usually would go to 7th.
This is an intermittent problem and my dealership tells me to just turn the car off and turn it on again. Sometimes works but not working this time.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've also got another issue with my right turn signal stalk. The indicator would come on... then stop... then come on... then stop and even after I've turned and the stalk goes back to neutral position, the singal would continue for one or two times. Again intermittent. Dealership can't replicate problem.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
My 2014 ML350BT did this multiple times. Turning the motor off and back on fixed it about 80% of the time, but there were times that I needed to do this twice, once three times. Sometimes the paddle shifters were in operative, too.

The dealer looked me right in the face and told me that it was a know problem and stoping and restarting will fix it.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well frankly that's a "sh*t" answer from a dealer - with that complaint from a customer - even no error codes - warranty protocol would be to wipe the tranny program and reprogram - about a 2 hr deal in time - but not-that-great warranty pay deal.

If the dealer Service Advisor pushes back on that - politely mention to him if they don't "service" the issue - that you will call MB Consumer Care and report a incident notice - with the facts - and believe me a Service Dept doesn't want that call to happen...
Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2017 GLS 350d
about the indicator, are you sure this is not the "3 flashes' function? When you lift the stalk to activate the indicator, but not all the way (you stop lifting before the "click")?