M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

GLE 400 SUV Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
GLE 400 SUV Options

I have a 2016 GLE 400 suv on order for July build. My dealer has told me that the software prevents me from ordering the Active Curve System because I also have the ON & OFF road package (a must for me). The Mercedes press release for the GLE SUV clearly states that the optional Active Curve System can be combined with the Off Road package. On the old ML 400, you were able to order both packages together. Can anyone confirm this information. I prefer to wait if this restriction is changed for later build cars.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:09 PM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
I suggest looking at the dealer ordering guide, or you could ask to see your build.

I bet they messed up the order and your car is locked so they are trying to cover their tail.

If they don't make that available you could always call MBUSA.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:45 PM

GLE
Thanks for the reply. I don't have access to a complete ordering guide (other than a partial one posted elsewhere on this site), but have had my dealer show me on his computer system that his ordering software does not allow Active Curve with the Off Road package. Also, according to him, the order is still able to be modified. Before I posted here, I did call MBUSA to find out why their introductory press release brags that you can get both, but did not get a response. A complete ordering guide for the GLE 400 like the one available for the ML 400 would be of great help.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
One thing for sure.

Do NOT order your GLE without the Active Curve System.

The ACS it's a dream come true and really transforms the W166/ and GLE
Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well - frankly I would ask your dealer for a copy of the current build sheet for the order they tell you they can place.

Airmatic can be ordered at this moment - yes - and Airmatic is required for either Active-Curve and/or Off-Road - but at the moment if Airmatic is selected for the build - I have not seen the system (yet) accept either Active-Curve and/or Off/Road for confirmed build.

If they were able to get AirMatic and Off/Road - then that could have been a reach-out-factory.

It's fracked at the moment - with new Agility Select standard - yes, AirMatic can be added - but Active-Curve and/or Off/Road on top of Airmatic bumps back out...

- since at the moment NetStar will not accept either Off?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:26 AM

GLE
Resolved

Thanks for the input fabbrisd1. Update as of last week: Netstar allows for Airmatic, Active Curve and On & Off road package. My dealer has provided me a copy of the order with the options accepted by MB. They seem more pricey than last year's cost for similar combination, but I am pleased they were available together on the new model.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:51 PM

2013 ML550
Williams, the off road package is legit. I have it on my 13' ML550. I have done serious off-roading with it. The crawl ratio is 2.93/1.00, even lower than my last grand Cherokee.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GL450; 2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Well - frankly I would ask your dealer for a copy of the current build sheet for the order they tell you they can place.

Airmatic can be ordered at this moment - yes - and Airmatic is required for either Active-Curve and/or Off-Road - but at the moment if Airmatic is selected for the build - I have not seen the system (yet) accept either Active-Curve and/or Off/Road for confirmed build.

If they were able to get AirMatic and Off/Road - then that could have been a reach-out-factory.

It's fracked at the moment - with new Agility Select standard - yes, AirMatic can be added - but Active-Curve and/or Off/Road on top of Airmatic bumps back out...

- since at the moment NetStar will not accept either Off?
i just configured and NetStar accepted 430 (on and off road) and 468 (active curve). only thing it did is prompt "if 468, 489 (airmatic) required"

Old 06-22-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GL450; 2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Williams1
Thanks for the input fabbrisd1. Update as of last week: Netstar allows for Airmatic, Active Curve and On & Off road package. My dealer has provided me a copy of the order with the options accepted by MB. They seem more pricey than last year's cost for similar combination, but I am pleased they were available together on the new model.

edit: just saw this post