M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Where is the relay for the airmatic compressor??

Old 06-14-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Where is the relay for the airmatic compressor??

HELP!!!

I just had to replace the air compressor on my 2013 ML63 with airmatic due to a hose leak, which most likely made it run until the bearings failed.

Anyways, I installed a new line, air compressor and intake filter and are stuck finding that dran compressor relay that was shipped and recommended
to be replaced with the new compressor.

I looked at the owners manual, google, youtube and searched here. Just can't find any specifc W166 information where it is located - I know in the
engine bay fuse/relay box but there are 5-6 relays w/o any marking.

thanks for your help guys!!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
post your VIN!
Old 06-16-2018, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Still can't believe that the relay is not list in the owners manual!!! Anyways, its relay "T", in the engine compartment box.
Besides the letter "T" next to it, it's at the end of the box, nearest to the red + cable.

Also some further detail, if you have to replace a air tube, just order also the fitting going into the valve block.
Put the new fitting (nut and "wedge" sleeve) over the new tube, push the tube into the hole and tighten the nut,
which will eventually seal the tube to the valve block and nut.

Last but not least, they are plenty of alternative sources for the compressor out on the internet - some good
some not so!
Make sure you check with them if it's a OEM or replacement. if you are looking for OEM, also check with your local
MB dealer, which in my case was only $100 more expensive but local and available immediately.
Also, do yourself a favor and buy the relay, fittings and tubes at your local MD dealer. Both FL based 2nd source
companies send me the wrong tube, fittings, filter and relay! which made a 3 day/2hrs job a 2 weeks PITA job.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
How much mileage did you have, is this your first issue with the Airmatic?