M156 V8 Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M156 V8 6.2L engine. Including SL63 AMG, CL63 AMG, S63 AMG, E63 AMG, CLS63 AMG, C63 AMG, CLL63 AMG, ML63 AMG, R63 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MCT Tranny in a CLK63 AMG Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series
MCT Tranny in a CLK63 AMG Black Series

Don't know if this is the right forum?

Anyway, I am the proud owner of a pristine CLK 63 AMG Black Series. Car is nearly perfect. Only fault is the transmission. Well, actually, the transmission is fine - do the job. The issue is more in the time it takes to shift and especially downshift. Time can be measured in geological periods rather in milliseconds. As I have driven a SL63 with the same M156 engine and the MCT Speedshift tranny, I wonder if anyone has done a conversions from the converter based transmission to the MCT box? That transmission is just the trick that would make an already great car outstanding ! As there seem to be a few models from the same years with the combination of the M156 engine and the MCT, it should be possible in terms of engine and transmission controls???

Best, Chris.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
94 toyota supra 2007 duramax 2008 C63
Originally Posted by Chrisb63BS
Don't know if this is the right forum?

Anyway, I am the proud owner of a pristine CLK 63 AMG Black Series. Car is nearly perfect. Only fault is the transmission. Well, actually, the transmission is fine - do the job. The issue is more in the time it takes to shift and especially downshift. Time can be measured in geological periods rather in milliseconds. As I have driven a SL63 with the same M156 engine and the MCT Speedshift tranny, I wonder if anyone has done a conversions from the converter based transmission to the MCT box? That transmission is just the trick that would make an already great car outstanding ! As there seem to be a few models from the same years with the combination of the M156 engine and the MCT, it should be possible in terms of engine and transmission controls???

Best, Chris.
Chris did you ever make it any further with this ? I am also wondering what i can do to make the factory 722.9 trans shift faster. I know there are a few company that offer a valve body services that should offer faster shift times but how much faster is the question. this being my first auto car it is really my only complaint with the car do you know the factory shift times for the early speedshift trans vs the MCT ?