M275 V12 Bi-Turbo Platform Technical discussion relating to models sharing the M275 V12 Bi-Turbo (V12 TT). Including SL600, SL65 AMG, CL600, CL65 AMG, S600, S65 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V12TT 20004 s600 Coil Pack cable harness/connector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 s600 v12TT
V12TT 20004 s600 Coil Pack cable harness/connector

hi, does anyone know whats the name or number of the connector and cable harness that connects the left coil pack to the voltage transformer. I have the left bank still misfiring (7-12) and i suspect that the culprit is the cable not the pack it self.
Thx
Yanal
Old 05-07-2017, 04:04 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 S600
Originally Posted by Yanal
hi, does anyone know whats the name or number of the connector and cable harness that connects the left coil pack to the voltage transformer. I have the left bank still misfiring (7-12) and i suspect that the culprit is the cable not the pack it self.
Thx
Yanal
I purchased an entire harness on ebay to rob some connectors from and am planning to hack off the pigtail for the ignition transformer so that I can add a second in parallel on my car. If the entire bank is shutting down, it's because the ignition transformer has detected a problem with that output circuit. Which could be in the transformer itself, the coil, or any of the wiring or connectors in between. It's very unclear from ALL the documentation and diagrams I have read how exactly to determine what the actual cause is without swapping parts, or hooking up a scope to see what's going on with the power from the transformer to the coil.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:38 PM

2004 s600 v12TT
Swapping coils on V12TT ?????

You are absolutely right! There is no definite way to decide what the exact problem is When you have a complete bank misfiring. My tech has so far confirmed that it is not the voltage transformer. And he insists that the harness is fine but I still suspect it. Thing is, can I swap left and right ignition coil for the sake of eliminating causes of the problem. I read here and there that it can be done. Has anyone been there and tried it???

Originally Posted by ZephTheChef
I purchased an entire harness on ebay to rob some connectors from and am planning to hack off the pigtail for the ignition transformer so that I can add a second in parallel on my car. If the entire bank is shutting down, it's because the ignition transformer has detected a problem with that output circuit. Which could be in the transformer itself, the coil, or any of the wiring or connectors in between. It's very unclear from ALL the documentation and diagrams I have read how exactly to determine what the actual cause is without swapping parts, or hooking up a scope to see what's going on with the power from the transformer to the coil.

Last edited by Yanal; 05-08-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM

2004 S600
Originally Posted by Yanal
You are absolutely right! There is no definite way to decide what the exact problem is When you have a complete bank misfiring. My tech has so far confirmed that it is not the voltage transformer. And he insists that the harness is fine but I still suspect it. Thing is, can I swap left and right ignition coil for the sake of eliminating causes of the problem. I read here and there that it can be done. Has anyone been there and tried it???
I don't know how you would do that...they are mirror image. If you swapped them the connectors would be at the back.

Edit: or rather, they would be upside down I guess. Maybe it could be done, I don't know. But I'd worry about it fussing with the firing order and potentially damaging the engine.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:01 PM

2004 s600 v12TT
Swapping coils

Originally Posted by ZephTheChef
I don't know how you would do that...they are mirror image. If you swapped them the connectors would be at the back.

Edit: or rather, they would be upside down I guess. Maybe it could be done, I don't know. But I'd worry about it fussing with the firing order and potentially damaging the engine.
You are probably right! It is a stupid idea!
i will purchase a new pack and hope it will fix the problem. Cross fingers!
Thx for the thought!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 12:39 AM

2004 S600
I got mine through FCP Euro, so that I'd have their lifetime warranty. Not the cheapest place to get them but it wasn't horrible and now I know I'm covered.