Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Rebuild Master Tech (RMT) Coilover Kit for R230 cars -- replace your ABC

For Sale

Steering/Suspension

08-13-2021, 08:44 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 454
  • Steering/Suspension - Rebuild Master Tech (RMT) Coilover Kit for R230 cars -- replace your ABC - New - 2003 to 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG - Grass Valley, CA 95949, United States
  • Steering/Suspension - Rebuild Master Tech (RMT) Coilover Kit for R230 cars -- replace your ABC - New - 2003 to 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG - Grass Valley, CA 95949, United States

• Price
    $2,995
    • OBO
  • Location Grass Valley, CA, 95949, USA
  • Condition New
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG 2003 - 2006
Description:

I own a 2005 AMG SL55 and bought RMT’s coilover kit to replace my ABC suspension.  The kit is sitting in my garage in its original boxes.  My local (Grass Valley, CA) mechanic opened only the small box to look at the instructions, and decided the job wasn’t for him.  I had an appointment to get the job done with another mechanic in the SF Bay Area, but in the meantime I wound up buying a home in Costa Rica!

I am moving there in a couple months, and it is too late to return the kit to RMT – so we have the old “my loss is your gain” story.  I need to empty the garage for a renter, and I’d like to get as close to possible what I paid for the kit ($3450), which includes the core charge I paid.  When you install it, I’ll arrange with RMT for you to receive the $800 deposit.

This coilover kit should fit ALL V8 SL’s including AMG’s and the 07-08's.  The only difference in components is that my AMG version has two rectangular plates that increase the gap between the swaybar and the larger SL55 oil pan.  RMT uses the same European struts and swaybars as the Euro SL350.  It will not fit V-12’s.  I will check with them Monday to confirm fitment to SL500's and later cars.

Soon I will be selling my SL55 too.  She’s a smart little car and seeing the RMT kit sitting next to her in the garage, realized she’d better make her ABC behave!  I’ve had little trouble with it since installing a new tandem pump.  I read (lurked, that is) every thread on every MB forum before buying the kit, and if I were keeping the car I would go back and install it for peace of mind.