Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2014 W212 M157 Engine For Sale

For Sale

Engine - Complete

11-08-2023, 08:41 AM | Replies: 0 | Views: 557
  • Engine - Complete - 2014 W212 M157 Engine For Sale - Used - All Years  All Models - All Years  All Models - Fort Wayne, IN 46825, United States

• Price
    $6,000
    • OBO
  • Location Fort Wayne, IN, 46825, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

Hello,

I have an engine out of my 2014 E63S with 54,XXX miles for sale. I am listing it for $6,000 as I am unsure of the issue it has. I replaced the engine because I was losing coolant at a pretty decent rate and Mercedes Benz of Fort Wayne (as well as a couple other local shops) could not figure out the issue (without taking the engine out). I got an oil sample done on 11/22/21 to which it showed high metal elements (see attached). No metal pieces/shaving were in the oil, only high metal elements. It may just be a headgasket issue or something more. I played the safe, but expensive route of just finding a replacement engine because I was over it being in the shops for so long and just wanted to enjoy the car. The engine was replaced in the middle of the year in 2022. Original plan was to hang onto the old engine for spare parts etc etc. I was also thinking of taking it to an engine repair shop to get it looked at since it is now out of the vehicle sitting in my garage, but I do not want to mess with it any longer than I already have.

The engine ran just fine and was in seemingly perfect condition besides losing coolant. I would prefer to sell it and let someone else more handy look into it. If the engine was in perfect condition it would sell for around $15,000 so I am guessing $6,000 is a good deal even if some internals are worn/damaged.

This engine includes everything and can even be parted out by someone else.

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. The engine is currently sitting on a pallet in my garage. Buyer will need to set up and pay for shipping. PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Oil Sample.pdf (216.9 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by DevinT; 11-15-2023 at 01:45 PM. Reply