Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

FOR SALE: 2006 SLK-280

For Sale

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK280

12-14-2023, 03:57 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 443
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 - FOR SALE: 2006 SLK-280 - Used - VIN WDBWK54F96F123851 - 97,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Convertible - Red - Orlando, FL 32765, United States
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 - FOR SALE: 2006 SLK-280 - Used - VIN WDBWK54F96F123851 - 97,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Convertible - Red - Orlando, FL 32765, United States

• Price
    $5,000
  • Location Orlando, FL, 32765, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WDBWK54F96F123851
  • Trim Base
  • Mileage 97,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Convertible
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

I am selling my 2006 SLK-280 which I acquired a few years ago. Currently selling it for $5,000.00 USD. Located in Orlando.

I realize that my preference would be to sell to someone here locally which substantially lessens the amount of risk and trust/faith (or lack thereof) required for long distance buyers. Just way too many Craigslist type shop of horrors in this economy with fake cashiers checks,etc which typically come with a long sad story of how they are unable to be here in person. I am almost certain I would not care to be involved with any form of overseas transactions involving customs and extra duties-payment involved.  Please keep this in mind before contacting me.

I am selling the car for an aggressive price due to its known issues which include fiberglass damage on the lower front spoiler from a prior owner driving into something. I am owner #4.  The air conditioning just stopped blowing cold air this past summer, making driving in Florida at 98F - not so fun.  The final known issue involved a misfire or skip in a cylinder. These are the only known items of which i am aware.  they were not present when i purchased the car, but evolved as time progressed. since these cars are engineered like spaceships on wheels there is no promise or guarantee that other items that may become problematic in the future.  It is a machine. 

I had my fun with it. I put enough of my time and money that I care into it - time for someone else to have fun with it and drain their bank account. As we all know, there is only 1 type of MB repair: expensive.  That is the reason why I will not take this car to a dealer or shop to have it diagnosed for the next buyer, or pay for a carfax for them.  It is being sold, used, as-is, without warranty. 

The engine cranks, starts, and runs. The car drives down the street under power - less 1 cylinder. Check engine light is on, both solid and at times flashing. I have already tried the low cost fix of changing plugs and coils. It makes no difference. I am getting codes from my scanner relating to cylinder #4.  It could or might be that the car is so smart that the main computer just shut off the fuel flow to the injector of the misfiring cylinder to save the engine.  I do not know. 

I accept payment by good American dollar currency, or even ZELLE, which I used for the first time today. Being almost 70 I do not place the same degree of trust and faith in digital currency that my Gen-Z son does, but I will go with it. 

Terms:  payment in full first.  No deposits. This is where that long distance trust/faith aspect is involved. Want to show up to see and touch the car - I much better prefer that.  You see and hear the car, I get paid, and you sign and keep the title.

Everyone is happy.  As far as transport and shipping the car that is up to you after paying me.  With the title and a copy of the bill of sale in hand - the car is yours.  You are welcome to take it at the time you come here or ship it at a later date. That was done with one other vehicle I sold to a local Florida person who came here to see the vehicle and pay for it, then arrange to transport it at a later time. This is a little iffy in my opinion. Anything can happen to a car parked without insurance outside in that time frame.  Anything can happen with the truck transporting the vehicle.  But it can be done.

If you are long distance from here and desire to purchase this car without looking at it, or hearing it run from pictures alone, that is your decision, and I would advise against it. ZELLE payment first would be required, and you would have to place complete faith in a total stranger to trust to send you the title paperwork via UPS or Fedex, and then contend with the transport situation. That is why I have stated that this car is really suited for local buyers within Florida. 

Sorry to have to be a hard *** about this, but i have had my fill of local ads I placed and the responses received from some people with serious issues.

VIN#:  WDBWK54F96F123851

Fastest method of contact is: mikepompura@yahoo.com