MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/index.php)
-   Marketplace (https://mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   2001 Brabus C3.8S (https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=699489)

brabusyvr 02-22-2018 09:45 PM

2001 Brabus C3.8S

I Imported this vehicle from Japan late 2016. I'm selling as I need something bigger with 4WD.

This is an incredible car, very rare (only 100 ever made). This is likely the only one in Canada, possibly N America. They are very hard to find. Only 75,xxx km VERY good condition. Engine runs beautifully. The one external blemish is a scratch on the rear driver side door. See last photo.

The engine is a hand built Brabus 3.8L V6. It is a bored out version of the Mercedes m112 engine. 300hp to the rear wheels, very fun to drive. Brabus also has installed their own exhaust, suspension, rims, interior with beautiful leather heated seats and more!

I have also installed a Pioneer 4100NEX with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Stereo sounds great, but the engine sounds even better.

Here is a listing from Europe for 18,000 EUR:

http://www.gieldaklasykow.pl/brabus-c3-8s-2000-wroclaw/

MercedesDad 03-05-2018 07:41 AM

Beautiful. God knows I would be all over this one if I could import it to the USA.

brabusyvr 03-05-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesDad (Post 7396612)
Beautiful. God knows I would be all over this one if I could import it to the USA.

Is it not possible to import to the USA?

MercedesDad 03-05-2018 01:44 PM

The car must be 25 years old for it to be eligible for importation (it sucks).

That is how I brought a 190E Evolution from Canada and a Euro W123 from South America into the country.

brabusyvr 03-05-2018 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesDad (Post 7396887)
The car must be 25 years old for it to be eligible for importation (it sucks).

That is how I brought a 190E Evolution from Canada and a Euro W123 from South America into the country.

Ah, too bad. It looks like it's still do-able for cars under 25 years old, but I guess there are tons of hoops to jump thru.

mehdigam 05-11-2018 03:33 AM

I have the only Brabus 3.8 in the US if anyone is interested

brabusyvr 07-26-2018 07:54 PM

Bump. Still available. Price dropped

C32MOOSE 08-20-2018 11:56 AM

This can be imported to the USA, just contact mercedes benz for letter of compliance, you'll need to give them your VIN number and they will send you an email in around 7 days stating for sure if the car can be used in the US or not. Also on the side of the driver door, there should be two tags, take a picture of them and post them on here and i can tell you if it's importable. The only thing they will say something on is instrument cluster which isn't a big deal, they will still allow importation. I just imported an orion blue color C32 amg from canada with canadian specs on it but they comply with US specs.

brabusyvr 08-22-2018 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by C32MOOSE (Post 7533415)
This can be imported to the USA, just contact mercedes benz for letter of compliance, you'll need to give them your VIN number and they will send you an email in around 7 days stating for sure if the car can be used in the US or not. Also on the side of the driver door, there should be two tags, take a picture of them and post them on here and i can tell you if it's importable. The only thing they will say something on is instrument cluster which isn't a big deal, they will still allow importation. I just imported an orion blue color C32 amg from canada with canadian specs on it but they comply with US specs.

I have contacted MB for the compliance letter. Thanks for your advice.

serva32 10-29-2018 11:33 AM

is it still for sale? ill take it

PJmak 10-29-2018 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by C32MOOSE (Post 7533415)

What are the two numbers?

brabusyvr 11-06-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by PJmak (Post 7589255)
What are the two numbers?

VIN is WDB2030641A103088.

The trouble is the car was never originally sold in North America. I imported it from Japan and it was originally sold in Germany I believe (From MB to Brabus). I'm not sure what the 2nd number you need is?

JoshTex 11-07-2018 04:03 PM

Any update on the compliance letter from MB ?

brabusyvr 11-07-2018 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JoshTex (Post 7597535)
Any update on the compliance letter from MB ?

Still working on it. MB USA and MB Canada are unable to help, because it was never sold in N America. I've contacted MB mothership in Germany to see if they can help.

brabusyvr 11-15-2018 07:11 PM

Response from MB:

Mercedes-Benz USA does not recommend importing non U.S. vehicles for various reasons. For one, vehicles manufactured for other markets do not comply with all U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) or U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations. Since there are technical differences between U.S. version and grey-market vehicles, our dealer network does not have the training to repair them and therefore is not obligated to render any services.

If Mercedes Benz of Canada is unable to provide a letter of compliance, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires the vehicle owner to contract a "Registered Importer" (RI) to file proper paper work as well as perform any necessary modifications to bring the vehicle into conformity with applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

The ICI must be on the current EPA approved list of Independent Commercial Importers and the RI must be on the current NHTSA approved list of Registered Importers. These lists are available from the EPA and NHTSA websites.

We hope you find this information useful.