Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Brand New 2009 Maybach 57S At An Unreal Price!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New 2009 Maybach 57S At An Unreal Price!

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to post this up here to see if there is any interest, because it certainly is a hell of a deal. If there are interested parties, I would be more than willing to email over some pictures of this vehicle.

I have a 2009 Maybach 57S

Baltic Black
Baltic Black
Black Exclusive Leather
Heated and Active Ventilated Front Seats
Active Ventilated Rear Seats
Left and Right Retracting Folding Rear Tables
Solar Module/Solar Power Cabin Ventilation

This vehicle carries a sticker of $410,080.00

Exporters, don't even think of messaging me about this vehicle at the price I am offering.

$110,000.00 OFF OF MSRP.

Please contact me directly if seriously interested

303-410-7853 (direct)
rvanyi@mbwestminster.com
Old 01-02-2010, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
so that everyone wonders why they don't hold their value... when dealers publicly ***** it out under sticker price.

Same with AMG's

You'd think if MB wanted to control this, they would start getting rid of the dealers that do that...or if they want to maintain the value of the vehicle... but nope they do stupid stuff.

So how is it that you can sell it 100k off, and tell your previous customers they got a great deal from you? issue a refund check?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by jbondox
so that everyone wonders why they don't hold their value... when dealers publicly ***** it out under sticker price.

Same with AMG's

You'd think if MB wanted to control this, they would start getting rid of the dealers that do that...or if they want to maintain the value of the vehicle... but nope they do stupid stuff.

So how is it that you can sell it 100k off, and tell your previous customers they got a great deal from you? issue a refund check?
Maybe its a secret, maybe its not, but Benz will send their Maybach dealerships a certain amount of cars to sell no matter what. So dealerships get stuck with these cars that aren't exactly selling and to remedy this they have to drop the price. Its not unlike any other model or brand, if it doesn't sell you drop the price.

By the way, this car isn't listed on their website anymore, so it looks like the price drop worked.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I applaud jbondox on his effort, but it is clear he has no idea what he is talking about; sorry bud. A maybach is not a vehicle you typically stock on a showroom floor. They are built to suit, or in other words, built when ordered. We sold the most Maybachs out of any dealer in our region, and the country if I'm not mistaken last year. They gave these vehicles to us to display and sell. Poeple who are actually in the market for this car would love the price because it is above what CPO ones are selling for, same year or even a year older. I don't think you understand aspects of Maybach and I really don't appreciate you posting to my thread in that manner. We, nor any other Maybach dealership would be selling it at a discount to discredit somebody who purchased a vehicle at a higher price tag. I've had this car for a year, plain and simple.

Oh, and my 57S is still available for sale.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Indeed, the Maybach is in a league of its own. Those that don't appreciate it have clearly not seen one in person. I would however like to see them update the interior, its looking really dated now, using mostly w140 S class electronic bits. Other than that, its a stunning car that doesn't get nearly appreciated as much as it should.

And yeah, we should cut Westminster some slack, they are a sponsor here, plus they have the best website around for researching new models, with lots of detailed pictures and pricing.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
I applaud jbondox on his effort, but it is clear he has no idea what he is talking about; sorry bud. A maybach is not a vehicle you typically stock on a showroom floor. They are built to suit, or in other words, built when ordered. We sold the most Maybachs out of any dealer in our region, and the country if I'm not mistaken last year. They gave these vehicles to us to display and sell. Poeple who are actually in the market for this car would love the price because it is above what CPO ones are selling for, same year or even a year older. I don't think you understand aspects of Maybach and I really don't appreciate you posting to my thread in that manner. We, nor any other Maybach dealership would be selling it at a discount to discredit somebody who purchased a vehicle at a higher price tag. I've had this car for a year, plain and simple.

Oh, and my 57S is still available for sale.
I do believe I was correct in my statements, but maybe did not convey them as nicely as I wanted to do. I have a hard time balancing my time when 24/7 I have at least a dozen things going on.

but let me try to refresh my post, and maybe you and others would understand.

As I do not believe you or your company is to blame solely, but believe the manufacturer is at fault also.

First I will start with business 101:

You have a product that is not a commodity. It is limited production, hand built, geared toward a market that is esoteric.

said product normally retails for mucho denaro

the manufacturer spends some money instilling the value of the product globally, not only that they sell the perceived value of the vehicle to the public. after all you are not driving up in a blacked out crown vic.

now not only does the manufacturer go out of their way globally they had it to you on a platter, a handfull of franchises, protection from other MB dealers, basically exclusivity.

the product is leaps and bounds better in quality than any other competing manufacturer (I have driven many Maybachs, Rolls, Bentley's, Etc... even took apart a Maybach to fix an electronics problem that was to the dealer 3x that couldn't be figured out including armored suburban for the 6th fleet Admiral while visiting Malta)

Now a handful of dealers have said product, say 20 dealers with 5 units a piece.

sticker is $400k

Now comes the stupid part, with all that is in your court in terms of marketing, and exclusivity, you have to haggle the sticker with the client, because the dealer does not see the perceived value in it. (your mistake and since congress rescinded unilateral pricing protection laws, Maybachs mistake for not making it as it is what it is)

but now, since you are sitting on one in inventory and need to move it, you drop the price, exponentially... like you said it is cheaper than a CPO vehicle and it is new.

you just cut the perceived value, the value of the manufacturer, the value to the customers before this that paid much more for a similiar vehicle, and pretty much started the downward spiral of the vehicle's name.

Maybach should of jumped in and bought the vehicle from you to save the value of the vehicle or gave it another dealer that can sell it.

Now all maybach's that are grouped at $410k can be purchased at $300k? You started a trend, Maybach let it go, and I know it is a hard sell to begin with, but I believe that it is because the dealer looks at it as a number instead of looking at it as value first then a number.

I think your target audience or perspective buyer knows little of what Maybach is, and that is the dealers fault.

anyways the perceived value is destroyed, the value of the vehicle is destroyed, and this go's for resale, since when you CPO them you guys take another $100k off, so is it worth $200k after the "sign and drive"

Could of gone with buy the Maybach and get a free S class...

or a free condo

or a free sprinter vehicle

I hope you can understand where I am coming from, and it is just my opinion, my observation, but now I will forever reference every $400k maybach to $300k, and used at $200k, and along with everyone here that reads this, and their friends, and their friends, and the 100 other people they tell when it comes up...

Businessmen are no dummies, and if they ever catch wind of it, besides knowing that it is a depreciated asset to begin with, they are going to be inclined to look at something else or expect to get it at $100k+ off. After all they didn't get where they are at by not being very good businessman...

And I hope that your prospective clientele were not rap stars and pro athletes... because you missing the overall big picture of what it was for...

answer me this... if Princess Diana was in a Maybach, would she of walked away...

also the Guard edition with today's moronic population would be a great seller also... hell even the Biggy Small would of benefited from that

end rant...

awaiting the backlash

Last edited by jbondox; 01-05-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Take it somewhere else please. I'm glad you can spend the time typing all of that. You are not correct in your statements. What you are saying really doesn't matter, for the most part, if not all.

It's pretty simple bud:

Maybach or not, we have a vehicle on our lot that has been sitting in inventory for 300 days. We want to sell it, so we discount it. This post wasn't intended for simpletons like you. It was designed to minimally advertise a vehicle that we have for sale. At this point, I'm pretty sure people can perceive their own value from my product. They certainly wouldn't make much sence of the schpeel you just posted. Can you please stop posting on here with your half-*** business ethics speeches? I'm asking you kindly

p.s. Why did you even waste your time posting on here? Since your first post, everything you have stated has been completely irrelevant. You should've hit spell check before you posted your last response.

Last edited by mbwestminster; 01-05-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM

2010 E350 Coupe
Just as a matter of interest, how much gross profit does a dealer have to work with on this car?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Take it somewhere else please. I'm glad you can spend the time typing all of that. You are not correct in your statements. What you are saying really doesn't matter, for the most part, if not all.

It's pretty simple bud:

Maybach or not, we have a vehicle on our lot that has been sitting in inventory for 300 days. We want to sell it, so we discount it. This post wasn't intended for simpletons like you. It was designed to minimally advertise a vehicle that we have for sale. At this point, I'm pretty sure people can perceive their own value from my product. They certainly wouldn't make much sence of the schpeel you just posted. Can you please stop posting on here with your half-*** business ethics speeches? I'm asking you kindly

p.s. Why did you even waste your time posting on here? Since your first post, everything you have stated has been completely irrelevant. You should've hit spell check before you posted your last response.
In bold sums it up. They want to unload cars, so they drop the price. Pretty simple and understandable.

My thought: Does it really matter who they sell a Maybach to? If you have the means, you will buy one.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater

It's pretty simple bud:

I'll stop posting, but as for the pot shot on the spelling... I know what you mean.... spell check goes a long way... sometimes I am just too busy to use it
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
If anyone thinks that Maybachs are the worst $$ losers for the dealers ,take a look at SLR Roadsters.
$540k MSRP on a 2009 model gets reduced to low $300k just to move that thing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item439c78e41a
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by absent
If anyone thinks that Maybachs are the worst $$ losers for the dealers ,take a look at SLR Roadsters.
The SLR is a whole different beast. McLaren acts like its the step child it never wanted and pretends it doesn't exist. Mercedes never promoted it like the flagship car it should have been. And to top it all off, it had a huge price tag and never delivered on performance, with cars such as the Corvette ZR1 besting it in every category for hundreds of thousands less. All of this pretty much sums up why MB let the car die and it did so without much fan fair.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6

x2 M-B is allowing up to $225,000 discount off MSRP of brand new MY2009 SLRs...............but you didn't hear that from me.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:25 PM

CL600
Originally Posted by moparrbust
x2 M-B is allowing up to $225,000 discount off MSRP of brand new MY2009 SLRs...............but you didn't hear that from me.
That's ridiculous
Old 02-05-2010, 01:05 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
And yeah, we should cut Westminster some slack, they are a sponsor here, plus they have the best website around for researching new models, with lots of detailed pictures and pricing.
That may be, but whoever is posting for them in this forum isn't helping. I can't believe this is actually how they want to represent themselves to the world at large. I just hope they don't act this arrogantly toward their customers.

I love the blue color on that car. It really is a beauty.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by Rowrbazzle
That may be, but whoever is posting for them in this forum isn't helping. I can't believe this is actually how they want to represent themselves to the world at large. I just hope they don't act this arrogantly toward their customers.

Ha ha true, but then again you don't usually have customers coming into your dealership and talking trash to your face either lol.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Ha ha true, but then again you don't usually have customers coming into your dealership and talking trash to your face either lol.
Doesn't excuse the fact the mbwestminster guy has no class and seemingly zero understanding in customer relations. In previous threads the mods themselves have had to step in due to his poor attitude and desperation to sell cars no one wants. It's guys like him that give dealers a bad name.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
An Antigua white 2008 57S with 3800 miles just sold on ebay motors for $235,000.

The Westminster offer doesn't seem that good to me.

Jbondox makes a lot of sense to me. The car is just a commodity and will only sell for what people perceive the worth to be.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
They certainly wouldn't make much sence of the schpeel you just posted.

p.s. You should've hit spell check before you posted your last response.
Sorry, I know this post is old but this is too funny. If you're going to take a shot at someone for spelling errors, please make sure you spell things correctly yourself. Otherwise it ends up being laughable - especially this, which wasn't the case of a slip-up but a genuine inability to spell the word SENSE.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
There can't be any doubt that a Maybach is a wonderful automobile and times were different, when this car was designed. Then the world wide recession hit and conspicuous consumption was no longer in favour. How can employers lay off so many workers and then the boss shows up in a Maybach. On top of that it is hard to promote such a car at that price during this recession. I think the timing was very unlucky.
On top of that BMW did a great job with the Rolls Royce and Volkswagen did a wonderful job with the Bentley. These are big obstacles to overcome.

Jorg
Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Jorg
There can't be any doubt that a Maybach is a wonderful automobile and times were different, when this car was designed. Then the world wide recession hit and conspicuous consumption was no longer in favour. How can employers lay off so many workers and then the boss shows up in a Maybach. On top of that it is hard to promote such a car at that price during this recession. I think the timing was very unlucky.
On top of that BMW did a great job with the Rolls Royce and Volkswagen did a wonderful job with the Bentley. These are big obstacles to overcome.

Jorg
The problem with Maybach is deeper then just the recession.
No one wanted them from the beginning anyway,with the exception of some Russian oligarchs with more money then brains.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
It didn't help that they basically took an S class and put a slightly more beautiful body on it. From the outside and the rear seat area it's stately and expensive, but as soon as your behind the wheel, it feels like your in a w220 S class. This isn't a good thing seeing how your customer base will most likely be coming from S classes and will pick up on all the reused parts quickly. What's even worse is they haven't bothered to even mildly update it, with the exception of the S models.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 AM

where it goes?to Ukraine?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
The Maybach...... I love em, definitely represent perfection in craftsmanship also it is an esoteric club to be in... minus rappers
Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I also want to say this...

professional businessman shows up in a Phantom or Maybach, they look more professional in Maybach, not over the top and screaming look at me... I do like the Rolls though, but if I had my choice, Maybach... Rolls is too BMW'ish and from the experience with the 760li... screw that! I do like the reverse camera setup with BMW, that Porsche has adopted in the Panamera though over the MB... the sonar style is nice...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brand New 2009 Maybach 57S At An Unreal Price!