MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Maybach (W240) (https://mbworld.org/forums/maybach-w240-39/)
-   -   I rode in a Maybach 57 today! (https://mbworld.org/forums/maybach-w240/33882-i-rode-maybach-57-today.html)

mbtech208 03-19-2003 11:44 PM

I rode in a Maybach 57 today!

Our dealer had it's official Maybach showing today, and many employees got a chance to ride in it today, including myself. The driver was the official Maybach rep from the factory, nobody else got to drive it. I rode in the back seat, the best seat in the Maybach of course. We got onto the freeway, where the driver cruised at 70 mph, then floored the throttle. The sheer thrust that we felt was unlike anything this side of an airplane, it was unreal. The paint was a beautiful purple color, which in the sunlight turned to various hues of green. An interesting fact is that all of the wood trim in the car is made from one tree, so that all of the wood matches and has the same grain pattern. If one piece of wood is scratched or damaged, you cannot buy just that piece of wood, the entire wood kit in the whole car must be replaced. I asked the rep roughly how much this would cost a customer, he said about $10,000. To be honest, I felt that there was a little too much wood in the car, especially such things as the steering wheel multifunction buttons and the mirror triangle areas on the inside of the door panels. There are 2 brake calipers on each front wheel. The trunk lid fit was also a bit disappointing, especially the area where the trunk lid meets the rear quarter panels. Other than that, I was very impressed with the car.:D

G-baby 03-20-2003 03:17 PM

Sweet!!!:) :D Are you going to service Maybachs also or your not ceritfied? I heard that the Maybach Dealerships places have a special lift for the Maybach and certified technicions speacially for Maybachs... BTW man your one lucky dude:)

mbtech208 03-20-2003 09:50 PM

Originally posted by G-baby
Sweet!!!:) :D Are you going to service Maybachs also or your not ceritfied? I heard that the Maybach Dealerships places have a special lift for the Maybach and certified technicions speacially for Maybachs... BTW man your one lucky dude:)
There will be one certified Maybach tech at our dealership, and it's down to me and two other guys. We have to take a test, on which we have to score 90% or better. The Maybach has to have a special drive-on lift because it is so heavy. Every Maybach dealer has to buy all of the special tools needed to work on the Maybach.

ajayz 03-22-2003 06:39 PM

niiice, i hope u win out of those guys to service maybachs, good luck! :D

nicosusername 04-12-2003 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
was it this maybach?

nicosusername 04-12-2003 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
second

mbtech208 04-12-2003 03:40 PM

No, it was a dark purple one.

awiner 04-12-2003 07:25 PM

Originally posted by mbtech208
No, it was a dark purple one.
Pimp !

500AMG 05-20-2003 02:41 PM

Pimp !
I'll second that! :D

gup998 05-25-2003 04:11 PM

you're soo lucky to ride in one...i wanna be a MB dealer when i grow up

the headlights on the Maybach looks amazing

hope you get to service teh Maybachs mbtec!