MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-motorsports-racing-25/)
-   -   BRAZIL 2008 (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-motorsports-racing/266639-brazil-2008-a.html)

BMWEATR 10-24-2008 09:21 PM

BRAZIL 2008

7 more days! i can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Nola 10-25-2008 05:46 AM

Here's some candy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QJd_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ol4veBEQs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05xlO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJrx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LixCx...eature=related

glassJAw 10-25-2008 11:13 AM

LET'S GO LEWIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :zoom:

hakaida442 10-27-2008 06:16 AM

I'm so getting this and cutting the hose off to recreate singapore on my bookshelf.

http://speedgear.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/DH8861.jpg

Nola 10-27-2008 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3131512)
I'm so getting this and cutting the hose off to recreate singapore.

Awesome idea!

I'm getting this to recreate China '07: :bow::rolf:

http://66.34.200.96/Portals/20/image...eels/k6634.jpg

http://www.canamindustries.com/gener...icbagsflat.jpg

and then I'm getting this to recreate Brazil '07 :rolf: :rolf::naughty:

http://www.onpole.com/images/product_details/179413/

BMWEATR 10-27-2008 12:13 PM

your propaganda is not wanted here NOLA!:X:D

kchristos 10-27-2008 01:38 PM

This is funny but I think they learned their lesson, there isn't going to be a similar incident this year.

SeaCoupe 10-27-2008 01:59 PM

I'm on the fence about how Lewis should drive this race.

I think Heiki should have light fuel and slice and dice with the Ferraris. Lewis should lay back on the third grid. When everything settles down, just get into a pace, and stay within the championship win.

I don't trust team tactics.

However, I do want to see BMF (hami) bring the fight straight to Ferrari.

This is going to be a LONG week.

E

1985mb 10-27-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3131512)
I'm so getting this and cutting the hose off to recreate singapore on my bookshelf.

http://speedgear.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/DH8861.jpg

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3131529)
Awesome idea!

I'm getting this to recreate China '07: :bow::rolf:

http://66.34.200.96/Portals/20/image...eels/k6634.jpg

http://www.canamindustries.com/gener...icbagsflat.jpg

and then I'm getting this to recreate Brazil '07 :rolf: :rolf::naughty:

http://www.onpole.com/images/product_details/179413/

That's pretty funny, both of ya :rolf::rolf::rolf:

I think Nola's second one applies to HK towards the beginning of 08 as well... was it Australia or maybe Malaysia?

panzr15 10-27-2008 07:15 PM

:rolf: Perfect

panzr15 10-27-2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife (Post 3132125)
Lewis should lay back on the third grid. When everything settles down, just get into a pace, and stay within the championship win.

If he does that Alonso will qualify next to him and take out in the 1st turn.

tthoang1 10-28-2008 04:01 AM

The wait is killing me. It's come down to the last race. ugh

kchristos 10-28-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by panzr15 (Post 3132822)
If he does that Alonso will qualify next to him and take out in the 1st turn.

Do you honestly think that he can do something like that without picking up a very stiff penalty such as getting himself excluded from next years championship or from driving for a few races?

hatem 10-29-2008 07:55 AM

Hamilton,s main threat this weekend will be himself, and the fact that he has managed to make more enemies on the grid during 2 seasons than some other drivers during their entire career.:X

IMO both title contenders dont deserve it.

I predict that Hamilton will easily take the drivers championship. & if the ferrari's stay on the circuit, they ought to take the constructors championship.

hakaida442 10-30-2008 03:57 AM

http://speedgear.com/cw2/Assets/product_full/DH8881.jpg

+

http://areopagus1.files.wordpress.co...dynamite_1.jpg

= hungary

SeaCoupe 10-30-2008 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by hatem (Post 3136267)
Hamilton,s main threat this weekend will be himself, and the fact that he has managed to make more enemies on the grid during 2 seasons than some other drivers during their entire career.:X

IMO both title contenders dont deserve it.

I predict that Hamilton will easily take the drivers championship. & if the ferrari's stay on the circuit, they ought to take the constructors championship.

Okay, I'll bite....Who deserves it then. Those that place mid-pack?

E

hkmb 10-31-2008 03:42 AM

I did like Massa's comments in the press conference.

"I've always had my family together in my career, although in go-karts it was a little more difficult because we didn't have much money to go to the races.

"But they were always close even then as I talked to them on the phone every day.

"Family are important because when you are happy in your private life, you want them with you because that makes your professional life even better.

"So when you get inside the car some of the problems are taken away."

Massa then joked: "But it's a good job I don't always take my mum's advice, otherwise I would drive very slowly."
No, Felipe. Listen to your mum. Please.

1985mb 10-31-2008 11:29 AM

Lewis, please listen to (and drive like) your dad :y

BMWEATR 10-31-2008 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by 1985mb (Post 3141402)

go fu$ your self!:D

its starting inside grand prix!!!

MB-BOB 10-31-2008 12:20 PM

Let's watch the language. It's enough already that this forum is so polarized with Ferrari haters and McLaren haters. Can't you peeps just enjoy the racing without all the hating?

glassJAw 10-31-2008 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MB-BOB (Post 3141538)
Let's watch the language. It's enough already that this forum is so polarized with Ferrari haters and McLaren haters. Can't you peeps just enjoy the racing without all the hating?

The red team started it! :D

Watching practice....McLaren not looking so hot. Lets hope they have something up their sleeves. :zoom:

glassJAw 10-31-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Glassjaw (Post 3141588)
Watching practice....McLaren not looking so hot. Lets hope they have something up their sleeves. :zoom:

Come to think of it they're probably going easy on that race-old engine.

FThornton666 10-31-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glassjaw (Post 3141593)

I definitely think a lot of that will change. You got Mark Webber way up there on the time sheets, I'd put the McLarens very close to the ferraris with alonso being the spoiler come tomorrow.

BMWEATR 10-31-2008 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Glassjaw (Post 3141593)

THEY RUN FRIDAY ENGINES. no race engine until tomorrow. then its time to cross our fingers!:confused:

kchristos 10-31-2008 02:54 PM

I have been following the practice times throughout the year, and in most cases the practice times didn't seem to correlate with what happened to qualifying and the race. Usually when they are running slow many times it means that they are tuning the car with high fuel loads and also hiding their true potential from their immediate rivals.

SeaCoupe 10-31-2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1985mb (Post 3141402)

Gonna be fun watching you and your ferrari friends eat crow on Sunday.

Only thing is that I'm not going to watch the race till the evening, so, I won't comment till then.

E

Nola 10-31-2008 04:23 PM

If they qualify in the order of Practice 2, Lewis has an uphill battle. If they finish the race in that order, Lewis will have choked for the second year in a row.

Oh, and I think the Donkey will take it, unless he can gift the WDC to Massa.

tthoang1 10-31-2008 09:22 PM

No hate here. I have love for both manufacturers. :naughty: Best of luck to both McLaren and Ferrari for the constructors, but I would like to see Hami take the title.

hakaida442 10-31-2008 09:32 PM

I can't. I've hated scuderia since the 80's and the tifosi are idiots. I usually watch f1 races with a ITV feed and go to a international f1 race chatroom and the smack talking there is way more hostile than here. I've waited a long time for Macca to have a great driver. Mika retired way too early.

hatem 11-01-2008 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife (Post 3140035)
Okay, I'll bite....Who deserves it then. Those that place mid-pack?

E

obviously they both made several mistakes and if there was a quality driver like Kubica or Alonso driving for either team he would have wrapped up this championship in the european leg.

I dont know about the chances of rain, however it looks probable and in that case Massa should only aim to finish.
Lots of different possibilities for that season finale, lots of preassure also for Hamilton & Massa.
I cant wait

kchristos 11-01-2008 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3142533)
I can't. I've hated scuderia since the 80's and the tifosi are idiots. I usually watch f1 races with a ITV feed and go to a international f1 race chatroom and the smack talking there is way more hostile than here. I've waited a long time for Macca to have a great driver. Mika retired way too early.

Where do you get the ITV feed in USA?

itcrashed 11-01-2008 01:18 PM

wahoo!!! was that one of the most exciting qualis or what?!?!?!

SeaCoupe 11-01-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by itcrashed (Post 3143112)
wahoo!!! was that one of the most exciting qualis or what?!?!?!

Agreed, but this is not good for us. Jarno is going to hold things up and Alonso is going to thinking, "Mr. Payback is a mother..."

We shall see.

E

itcrashed 11-01-2008 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife (Post 3143137)
Agreed, but this is not good for us. Jarno is going to hold things up and Alonso is going to thinking, "Mr. Payback is a mother..."

We shall see.

E

"Us?" lol did you fail to see my avatar? lol im a kimi fan before anything, but i guess that puts me in the ferrari camp.

one way or another, i just hope its a "clean" race although with FA right behind LH and JT in front of him, LH has got some work to do.

BMWEATR 11-01-2008 02:20 PM

I was just wondering about the rain and have been study'n the forecast. rain is 90% between 10am and 1pm then it drops off to like 80% I think Mclaren put a "safe"set up on the car to compensate for the rain? just a guess though.:nix:

I have to admit hearing the crowed over the sound of the F1 cars on the tv made me have goose bumps! they were frik'n going psycho! I loved it!(even though they were cheering massa) now i know why they get so many good drivers out of that country.

Nola 11-01-2008 03:44 PM

The only thing that has to happen is that Lewis and Heikki come out 4th and 5th after the first corner and they can let the 2 Ferraris run away. Heikki will stay put all race long and you have a new youngest ever WDC because who will challenge them? 2 lower tiered cars passing the 2 Mclarens is a long shot. I think I will puke.

kchristos 11-01-2008 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3143251)
The only thing that has to happen is that Lewis and Heikki come out 4th and 5th after the first corner and they can let the 2 Ferraris run away. Heikki will stay put all race long and you have a new youngest ever WDC because who will challenge them? 2 lower tiered cars passing the 2 Mclarens is a long shot. I think I will puke.

If it is raining a lot of things can happen. On the dry, you are absolutely right.

FThornton666 11-01-2008 05:21 PM

All lewis has to do is maintain his grid position. I really hope he doesnt fall asleep at the line like he has done in a few races. Fernando will be the issue at hand. Hes going to overtake Heikki easily at the first corner and try and get lewis into a fight with him. Hopefully lewis will just let him pass and go on about is business.:nix:

itcrashed 11-01-2008 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by FThornton666 (Post 3143353)
All lewis has to do is maintain his grid position. I really hope he doesnt fall asleep at the line like he has done in a few races. Fernando will be the issue at hand. Hes going to overtake Heikki easily at the first corner and try and get lewis into a fight with him. Hopefully lewis will just let him pass and go on about is business.:nix:

that very well maybe the bogey in the equation for LH winning the title. he has to keep his cool and not make another rookie move by fighting with alonso. but i do think trulli will be the bigger issue cuz if he holds up hamilton, that will allow alonso more influence.

its gonna be crazy!

MB-BOB 11-01-2008 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by FThornton666 (Post 3143353)

If Massa wins, Hamilton can afford to drop only one spot. He has to finish 5th or better. 6th is a points tie (if Massa wins), with Massa getting the tie-break nod on total race wins.

Raikkonen will be a good soldier and protect his 3rd position. (He could dispose of Trulli in short order, but then Hamilton will gobble him up in a heartbeat, to no benefit... so better to keep Trulli ahead, me thinks.)

Then, all Massa has to do is finish in first, and (ironically) hope that Kimi, Alonso and Trulli finish ahead of Hamilton, and that Hamilton has a brief off that lets one more by. That's a lot of hoping...

I don't really care who wins, but the way the Brazilian crowd goes crazy when any Brazilian leads, it's difficult not to smile at the prospect. :D

tthoang1 11-01-2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR (Post 3143186)
I was just wondering about the rain and have been study'n the forecast. rain is 90% between 10am and 1pm then it drops off to like 80% I think Mclaren put a "safe"set up on the car to compensate for the rain? just a guess though.:nix:

You're not the only person who thinks this. I think McLaren is running more wing in anticipation of the rain and possibly more fuel. In China, I think Hami was able to run a few more laps than Felipe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This allowed him to avoid a crowded pit lane.

tthoang1 11-01-2008 11:00 PM

Here's the detailed forecast for Sao Paulo Brazil at race time:

Time, Condition, Feels Like, Chance Precip, Dew Point, Humid, Wind
3pm, Rain, 75°F, 75°F, 70%, 64°F, 68%, From WSW 9 mph

4pm, Rain, 75°F, 75°F, 70%, 64°F, 68%, From SW 9 mph

5pm, Rain, 74°F, 74°F, 70%, 64°F, 71%, From SW 9 mph

FThornton666 11-02-2008 01:52 PM

O M F G!!!!!! WHAT A LAST 2 LAPS!!!!! I AM SHAKING AS I TYPE THIS!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO LEWIS HAMILTON! 2008 WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPION!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::bow::bow::bow::bow ::bow::bow:

kchristos 11-02-2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by FThornton666 (Post 3144817)
O M F G!!!!!! WHAT A LAST 2 LAPS!!!!! I AM SHAKING AS I TYPE THIS!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO LEWIS HAMILTON! 2008 WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPION!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::bow::bow::bow::bow ::bow::bow:

Yeap, what an amazing finish. For a moment there, I thought that Glock did it to give it up the championship to Hamilton but apparently the rain caught up on him and lost it on the last corner. Wow! Both Lewis and Felipe deserved to win it in my mind. Hamilton better buy Glock a FAT present :)

Congratulations to Lewis !

FThornton666 11-02-2008 02:11 PM

This race is exactly why Formula 1 is the pinnacle of racing. This whole season has been just excellent race overall. I am loving the post schumi years.:y

Nola 11-02-2008 02:29 PM

Oh Gosh I'm puking... at tleast I got to celebrate for 30 seconds... how sweet it was. Trulli and Glock are idiots.

EdoubleNickel 11-02-2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3144871)
Oh Gosh I'm puking... at tleast I got to celebrate for 30 seconds... how sweet it was. Trulli and Glock are idiots.

LOL. IM SO HAPPY, I am going to name my next son Lewis Hamilton. BTW He is Due in January!

Gullwing 11-02-2008 02:36 PM

Last corner of the last lap of the last race.
So glad Hamilton won

Nola 11-02-2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by EdoubleNickel (Post 3144873)
LOL. IM SO HAPPY, I am going to name my next son Lewis Hamilton. BTW He is Due in January!

Hey congrats!!! I wouldn't name him that if I were you... get ready to see Lewis Hamilton emulate Jacques Villenueve.

You can name him Nola! :y

tasho3 11-02-2008 02:49 PM

Great race ... well deserved to leweis

tthoang1 11-02-2008 03:00 PM

Wow what a race. Emotional roller coaster. What an awesome finish! Congrats to Lewis and McLaren!

EdoubleNickel 11-02-2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3144905)
Hey congrats!!! I wouldn't name him that if I were you... get ready to see Lewis Hamilton emulate Jacques Villenueve.

You can name him Nola! :y

I dont think so.... Look what Hamilton did last year. I feel he has more left in his bag. He will win many more tittles.

MB-BOB 11-02-2008 03:28 PM

Does anyone know when SPEED will re-run this race? SPEED's own promos said the race warmup would begin at 11:30am Central time, but of course they did not factor in the switch to Standard time... so I dutifully set my clock back one hour and missed the 1/2 hour warmup and the first 1/2 hour of the race. Drat! Stupid Speed Channel...

BMWEATR 11-02-2008 03:32 PM

:eek: I almost started crying \when Vettel passed L.H and started driving away! then I did start crying in joy for the new WDC LEWIS HAMILTON!(i know i sound like a *****) The people on this forum who have raced and raced for championships wether it was at the local/national level get it. its so hard to win and this race just proves it. I get a little more emotional than most because i know what it takes to win all the yrs traveling around in a cargo van like gypsies to races, all the practicing, all the money!

but anyway i hope we get a GP back in the US soon!! maybe next yr I'll go to the brazil race(well maybe not, Mclaren fans don't look to welcome there!:rolf:) i got goose bumps hearing all those fans cheering louder then the F1 cars!

I can sleep better tonight the Beavers kicked ASU's ass lastnight and L.H is WDC!:y:D:y:D:p:

hakaida442 11-02-2008 04:54 PM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ob/wonlost.gif

1985mb 11-02-2008 06:33 PM

Congrats to McLaren Mercedes!! :y:y:y:y

:zoom:

IngenereAMG 11-02-2008 07:59 PM

I actually thought Ferrari had pulled of another miracle. Vetel made a brilliant pass on Hamilton. I could not believe that Glock just let Hamilton through. It was very disturbing.

hakaida442 11-02-2008 08:19 PM

Glock did not let Hammy pass. He was out on regular tires and lost time due to the rain when everyone else were on intermediates.

tthoang1 11-02-2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3145379)
Glock did not let Hammy pass. He was out on regular tires and lost time due to the rain when everyone else were on intermediates.

Very true. Caution is the better part of valor. I was very worried that Hami had pitted for intermediates with only 5 laps to go even though it had started to pour. I initially thought that was a mistake for McLaren. When Lewis was passed, I almost turned the TV off. I was bummed. Then I heard the announcer say that Timo was still out on slicks. There was a glimmer of hope as it was the last lap but I didn't think there was enough time. But dread turned to astonishment as Timo went wide in the last turn, and the rest as they say is history. :)

IngenereAMG 11-03-2008 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3145379)

Glock looked like he was doing just fine on the dry tires. Every time I saw the in-car from LH, he was all over the road. He couldn't even keep Vettel behind him.

As good a driver as LH is, I think Massa had the better season. LH was extremely lucky to have gotten the driver's championship. But sometimes it's better to be lucky......

tthoang1 11-03-2008 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG (Post 3145742)
Glock looked like he was doing just fine on the dry tires.

Timo's telemetry showed he did the last lap (on slicks) in 1' 44" as he struggled for grip into the last uphill left hander and Lewis' lap time was 1' 25" on the intermediates. I thought that Lewis was king of the rain, but watch out for Vettel next season!

hakaida442 11-03-2008 01:53 AM

FIArrari fans need to get over it and stop making rumors about Glock gifting Hammy his position. Both Toyotas were out on regular tires and both had a horrible last lap time. If you saw the ITV coverage, Whitmarsh said that on the gps they could see Glock slowing up so bad it looked like he was headed backwards.

http://imagechan.wakarimasenlol.com/...5653667775.jpg

tthoang1 11-03-2008 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3144871)
Trulli and Glock are idiots.

I am not sure Timo is to blame. Toyota decided not to bring him in for intermediates.

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 03:46 AM

Trulli and Glock are idiots.
:slap:
Glock was BEHIND lewis, before lewis came in to the box for rain tires...

so what should Glock do??

God punishes FIA-errari!!! :y:y:bow:

German television link (last 3 laps!):naughty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_n5fXVjjjE

LEWIS HAMILTON has deserve it!!!
CONGRATS TO Vodafone-MCLaren-Mercedes:bow:

IN YOUR FACE!!!:rolf:

Nola 11-03-2008 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by tthoang1 (Post 3145839)
I am not sure Timo is to blame. Toyota decided not to bring him in for intermediates.

Sure Timo is to blame... why couldn't he be 5 bloody seconds quicker on that lap, or at least use the racing line for the last corner? Trulli did the same lap time, but he was about a minute behind Glock and therefore had a longer drive under the hard rain. Truli is an idiot because he could not hold on to P2 or even staty in front of Lewis. The Toyota team are idiots because they had a nozzle problem with Glock that held him up some time. arguably the 5 seconds by which Lewis beat him.

It will take a while for my sour grapes to wear off! :y

MiamiAMG 11-03-2008 10:04 AM

Congrats to Lewis!!!!:bow:

A much deserved title!

hatem 11-03-2008 11:10 AM

Congrats to both Lewis & Massa. it was a graet race in every respect, except obviously that last corner with glock moving over.

IMO if mclaren didnt win that title Ron Dennis would have resigned.

On the other hand ferrari atleast got a title given their poor reliability.

For me the best driver of the season is clearly Vettel.

BMWEATR 11-03-2008 11:30 AM

f1 took down all the vids they had rights over on youtube! fukers!

andrers83 11-03-2008 12:43 PM

Hi everybody,

If you guys remember, Kubica was the same tires the Glock and Trulli, so

I have one question. Why the Lap time the Kubica is much better the other

booth Toyota?? Maybe, because the Toyota Team put the engines with a less

rotation? I don't know, but this is very stranger. The next year Felipe Massa

will win the season.

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3145970)
Sure Timo is to blame... why couldn't he be 5 bloody seconds quicker on that lap, or at least use the racing line for the last corner? Trulli did the same lap time, but he was about a minute behind Glock and therefore had a longer drive under the hard rain. Truli is an idiot because he could not hold on to P2 or even staty in front of Lewis. The Toyota team are idiots because they had a nozzle problem with Glock that held him up some time. arguably the 5 seconds by which Lewis beat him.

It will take a while for my sour grapes to wear off! :y

the only idiot i see is you! :crazy:

This is for you nola::rolf:

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by andrers83 (Post 3146567)
Hi everybody,
I have one question. Why the Lap time the Kubica is much better the other

booth Toyota?? Maybe, because the Toyota Team put the engines with a less

Have you ever heard something like "car setup" some cars handles better in rain condition than other cars... :crazy:

Do you really think Glock don't want the 5. place? sure because you are a ferrari fan... :slap:

GO HAMILTON GO!

http://bilder.rtl.de/p2/2008-11/4962660/4960932.jpg

tthoang1 11-03-2008 01:06 PM

Does anyone have an animated gif of Hami with the WDC title? I'd like to throw it on my own website. I tried searching today but no luck. TIA

SeaCoupe 11-03-2008 01:06 PM

I am still floating. I was watching it last night at midnight. The potential for disaster was there. I felt it, just as I felt my own feet on the floor while I paced on the last laps.

I can watch that vid of Massa's family again and again. The FIAferrari just couldn't find anything to do to stop Hamilton.

Good chatting with all you this year.

Bravo Hamilton, Bravo.

I think you Ferrari/other team lovers in here, owe us McLaren fans a drink. Nola, you owe us two.

E

andrers83 11-03-2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stuttgart-UT (Post 3146590)
Have you ever heard something like "car setup" some cars handles better in rain condition than other cars... :crazy:

Do you really think Glock don't want the 5. place? sure because you are a ferrari fan... :slap:

GO HAMILTON GO!

http://bilder.rtl.de/p2/2008-11/4962660/4960932.jpg

Hey Man, Do you wanna teach me about car?? I know more about car that you. Somebody here, tell that problem the Toyota car is because the tire, and I say that Kubica was the same tires. The booth was using the tires for sun and not for rain.

I'm not FERRARI Fan.

tthoang1 11-03-2008 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by andrers83 (Post 3146726)
Hey Man, Do you wanna teach me about car?? I know more about car that you. Somebody here, tell that problem the Toyota car is because the tire, and I say that Kubica was the same tires. The booth was using the tires for sun and not for rain.

I'm not FERRARI Fan.

I don't think you can compare tires on Timo's car and that of Robert's car because Timo was on the lead lap, while Robert was entirely a lap behind. The time comparisons should be made with those cars that were on the lead lap and on intermediates versus Timo's car that was still on slicks. hakaida442 had the telemetry and it showed that Hami and Vettel were clearly faster on the intermediates in the final lap.

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by andrers83 (Post 3146726)

Do you really think that the toyota car is as fast as the Bmw car?

They were using the same tires BUT NOT THE SAME CAR!

UK-Television link (last 2 laps) :naughty:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=zyCfWUOJ3Z4

tthoang1 11-03-2008 02:01 PM

Although I was delighted that Hami won the WDC title, I will say that Massa drove a brilliant race. He did everything he could from pole to finish to try and capture the title. He is the Daddy of Interlagos. What a great season for F1 fans. I can't wait till 2009!!!

andrers83 11-03-2008 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stuttgart-UT (Post 3146762)
Do you really think that the toyota car is as fast as the Bmw car?

They were using the same tires BUT NOT THE SAME CAR!

UK-Television link (last 2 laps) :naughty:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=zyCfWUOJ3Z4

Looking, I'm not here to say that has a conspiration, but I can make some questions about. I know that BMW and TOYOTA is not the same car, but the times the last lap the booth TOYOTA is verty stranger. They was very slow (1:44). But it's ok, doesn't matter now. Next yeat We will be champion.

tthoang1 11-03-2008 02:10 PM

Next year will be a great season. Vettel and Massa are vastly improved. Hami has matured. Alonso is rapidly developing the Renault. If BMW can give Robert a car, he will also be in the mix. I think 4 drivers I mentioned, possibly 5 will battle for the title next year. There's been talk about changing the points scoring in 2009.

andrers83 11-03-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tthoang1 (Post 3146802)
Next year will be a great season. Vettel and Massa are vastly improved. Hami has matured. Alonso is rapidly developing the Renault. If BMW can give Robert a car, he will also be in the mix. I think 4 drivers I mentioned, possibly 5 will battle for the title next year. There's been talk about changing the points scoring in 2009.

Agree. They wants make some changes for the next season.

Nola 11-03-2008 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stuttgart-UT (Post 3146575)
the only idiot i see is you! :crazy:

Hey insults are uncalled for... the only idiots around here are Glock, Truli and the Toyota team. Oh, and Peter Windsor.

Nola 11-03-2008 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by tthoang1 (Post 3146802)
Alonso is rapidly developing the Renault.

Alonso is the top scorer of the last 8 races. If the season had started in Hungary, he'd be leading the championship. Here's to hoping he a)stays at Renault and b)Renault stays on top next year, cause Donkey already brought his 6/10.

tthoang1 11-03-2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3146830)
Oh, and Peter Windsor.

I don't even know how to respond to this... :rolf:

BMWEATR 11-03-2008 02:36 PM

damn it F1 keeps getting the last 2 lap vids taken off youtube! the brit feed was the best one!

http://www.vimeo.com/2139986 in car in HD!

tthoang1 11-03-2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR (Post 3146880)
damn it F1 keeps getting the last 2 lap vids taken off youtube! the brit feed was the best one!

You are Da Man! :y At 00:44, I thought that was a lapped car. I didn't know that it was Timo because I was watching crappy standard definition (SD) coverage on Comcast. Now if I had HD Speed channel, I could have saved myself a lot of grief.

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR (Post 3146880)

Who needs youtube?

EDIT!: UK-Television Last 2 AMAZING laps...

http://www.blinkx.com/video/lewis-ha...PDIi957UWo3jBQ

tthoang1 11-03-2008 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stuttgart-UT (Post 3147007)
Who needs youtube?

UK-Television Last AMAZING laps...

http://sportshocks.blogspot.com/2008...rlagos_02.html

I love the commentary where they say "Glock can tip toe around the last lap and get the job done." Little did he know, he was wearing ice skates. This is exactly why I was bummed. I did not believe there was enough time for Hami to make up in the last lap, let alone the last quarter mile.:X

1985mb 11-03-2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife (Post 3146632)
I think you Ferrari/other team lovers in here, owe us McLaren fans a drink. Nola, you owe us two.

E

McLaren took the WDC, Ferrari took the Constructors. Even, I figure...

BMWEATR 11-03-2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1985mb (Post 3147111)
McLaren took the WDC, Ferrari took the Constructors. Even, I figure...

nah if H.K was a better driver Mclaren would of took that to! and last yr!

Stuttgart-UT 11-03-2008 04:23 PM

NEWS: glock under investigation. for staying with dry tyres in the wet. :eek:

no just kidding :rolf::rolf::rolf:

Hamilton +1
FIA-errari -1

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/wp-conten...ardparking.jpg

Next vid is hamilton from the beginning:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8JiU...eature=related

Nola 11-03-2008 05:34 PM

All rhetoric aside, this was the best title decider I've seen. He didn't win the title just on Sunday, but Hamilton is ONE LUCKY DOG!

BMWEATR 11-03-2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3147392)
All rhetoric aside, this was the best title decider I've seen. He didn't win the title just on Sunday, but Hamilton is ONE LUCKY DOG!

you need not only skill and a good car you need luck also to win titles, every racer will tell you that!:y now if someone can pull me from my computer so i can stop watching re runs of the last 2 laps my wife might not divorce me!:rolf:

tthoang1 11-03-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR (Post 3147499)
you need not only skill and a good car you need luck also to win titles, ever racer will tell you that!:y now if someone can pull me from my computer so i can stop watching re runs of the last 2 laps my wife might not divorce me!:rolf:

:rolf: I was up till 2 am scouring the internet for podcasts, movies, articles, yada yada yada. It's hard to get anything done at work today as evident by my posts.

Stuttgart-UT 11-04-2008 02:54 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...67_468x707.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...78_468x330.jpg

P.Diddy is hamilton fan... :y

Nola 11-04-2008 05:53 PM

I wonder if he'll hook up with Obama.

kchristos 11-05-2008 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nola (Post 3149584)
I wonder if he'll hook up with Obama.

They will meet and go rapping together in a hopper :)

Quicktwinturbo 11-08-2008 09:49 PM

I bet ya haven't seen this hidden footage of ferrari crew reaction..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2VE1yXryFc

I would be pissed too..

BMWEATR 11-09-2008 01:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcTy...eature=related

here it is they keep taking it down

kchristos 11-10-2008 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by BMWEATR (Post 3158404)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcTy...eature=related

here it is they keep taking it down

I don't blame him!