MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-motorsports-racing-25/)
-   -   Schumacher to Mercedes GP (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-motorsports-racing/331149-schumacher-mercedes-gp.html)

F1Bobby 12-22-2009 07:51 PM

Schumacher to Mercedes GP

Its going to be a great year.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...1223-lc7s.html

Martinsvi 12-22-2009 08:27 PM

This could be interesting as he is the one that alonso will not intimidate. I believe his coming back is in retailiation to ferrari choosing alonso the way they did.

F1Bobby 12-22-2009 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Martinsvi (Post 3865627)
This could be interesting as he is the one that alonso will not intimidate. I believe his coming back is in retailiation to ferrari choosing alonso the way they did.

You may be right!!! Schumacher is going to be fun to watch. He know's all the Ferrari secrets and tactics. My guess is that he'll be straight with Massa but Alonso is a different matter...

I really think that Massa is going to suprise Alonso at Ferrari.

Its gonna be a good F1 season! :D

ORK1 12-23-2009 04:15 AM

This is just great:y

IwantA124 12-24-2009 05:50 PM

This is gonna be great. I wonder what Ferrari's feelings are about this. Definitely have to go see him race in person now before he retires again.

itcrashed 01-09-2010 08:36 PM

Sure to be the best F1 season ever! I would love to see the AMG group work with Schumi on developing a supercar!

hakaida442 01-09-2010 08:53 PM

this sucks. i hate schumi.

Martinsvi 01-09-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by hakaida442 (Post 3888262)
this sucks. i hate schumi.

I dislike alonso worse. He is as selfserving as Senna was. He also doesnt care who's career he destroys doing it.
Schumacher could come back big and destroy the competition, but I think his talent will be developing the car.
He owes alot of people favors and I believe he is paying back right now. He may reap some profits from it but I think he will help out old friends.

hakaida442 01-10-2010 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Martinsvi (Post 3888303)
I dislike alonso worse. He is as selfserving as Senna was. He also doesnt care who's career he destroys doing it.
Schumacher could come back big and destroy the competition, but I think his talent will be developing the car.
He owes alot of people favors and I believe he is paying back right now. He may reap some profits from it but I think he will help out old friends.

yeah i hate the donkey too as well as massa. i can root for almost any team except for ferrari and mercedes as long as schumi is there. once he's gone i'll root for them. there's really not too many likable guys in f1. two guys that appear to be good guys are nick heidfeld and sebastian vettel.

F1Bobby 01-10-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Martinsvi (Post 3888303)

Spot on! :y
Schumacher will give it a go at winning another WC but car development is the main goal as I see it. It's all about setting the stage for Vettel!

kchristos 01-12-2010 03:55 PM

It's great to see some traffic on this forum again because last year there was none!!!

Having Schumi on a Mercedes is going to be great, I like him a lot more than Hamilton to be honest with you. He may have used a bunch of unorthodox measures during his time to get the job done but in his interviews he has always being modest and respectful to other unlike Lewis.

I hope there isn't going to be much friction between him and Rosberg as I believe that both of them will be demanding to be be tarted equally. I would be very curious to see the chemistry between Massa and Alonso though, those guys will probably have some problems. Even though I believe that Alonso is a much better driver than Massa, the latter one proved that when he drives alone (i.e. in qualifying and leading the race) can be very quick and I am pretty sure Alonso won't like that one bit! That of course implies that he will return to his old form before the accident. The pair Hamiton-Button will be interesting to see as well since both of them are quick and I am pretty sure Lewis and his father will try to have the team favor him more than Jenson. It will be a very interesting season!

jwoods986 01-13-2010 03:42 PM

I just found out about this - awesome!! Schumi is my favorite driver, so I'm excited to have him back, and that fact that he'll be driving for Mercedes is just icing on the cake.

Edit - finished reading the article on foxsports (horrible website for F1 info) and learned that Ross Brawn is now at Merc, the news keeps getting better and better. #8 this year??.........