Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All, I'm new and Need Help please. Please read -Thank you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL
Question Hello All, I'm new and Need Help please. Please read -Thank you

Hello MB family,

I am hoping you all can assist me with an issue that I am having. My GL was vandalized (Tire had a metal rod put through it). So I tried to put air in it but was driving it around 20 PSI to two different shops to patch the tire. After a while the ride became very bumpy. Once I got to the second shop (since the first shop could not do it) I was informed of the weird looking metal rod. They had difficulty pulling it out as it took time because it was about 4-6 inches long (i should have kept it). I was hoping my ride would return to normal height but it did not. I noticed how bumpy the ride was so I tried to raise the vehicle after the repair (this was my first time trying). After trying to raise the vehicle I noticed that it was taking longer than normal to raise and a "Cooling down" and "malfunction" appeared at different times. So I proceeded to drive home with the car raised some but eventually it dropped again (while driving) but never touched the tires. I waited about an hour and tried raising it right before the tow truck arrived which it did but I got the "Cooling Down" message again and I noticed that both times it took much longer to try and raise. So my question to you guys is what are the possible ways this can be related to the flat tire, riding on it with low tire pressure and also trying to continuously raise the vehicle automatically and manually (push of a button) after the fact ? The dealership informed me that my airmatic compressor, relay and valve block went bad. So can you guys inform me on how this is all relative because the tire situation started it all?

Thank you all in advance!
I greatly appreciate!
Old 07-29-2020, 11:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2105 e63s
Maybe a piece of the metal rod popped an air bag, probably burned the compressor up trying to fill it. I would be surprised if the valve block was actually bad but not surprised to hear the dealer called to sell you two new air bags after they do the compressor job. That all being said it’s hard to say without actually having the car
The following users liked this post:
MB2U (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL
Thank you so much for your response. They are saying nothing is wrong with the airbag. Just the Compressor, relay and valve block. It was taking a very long time to lift the vehicle after the tire was put back on with the patch. That is when I notice the "malfunction" appear and also "cooling down" I don't remember which order though. So, could lifting the vehicle after the tire incident burn out those components?

Thanks again!