Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clk Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 11:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
Clk Problems!!!

ive responded to many clk problem related on this forum. ive been thankful that ive never suffered the amount of car trouble other owners have had. however, today is a different story...

1) noticed that the passenger side seat will not fully move to its most rear position. it currently retreats to a position that is still more forward than the driver's seat at a normal driving position.

2) hot day here in so cal. usually raise the rear sun shade when i leave the car in the sun. leaving work today, it decides to stay up.. .. forever... not a hint of slowly breaking down... just stopped working.

i am much calmer as i write this post because i had lost the ability to speak english without using the f word exclusively.

any suggestions??? anybody else have this problem. .?? i am slowly realizing this means another trip to the STEALERSHIP....

Old 10-08-2002, 12:03 AM

Ben, when you see this thread, can you copy it to the tech thread also??? please???

b
Old 10-08-2002, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
I've had seat problems as well. The specific cause can be variable, however it blows the fuses. Remember there are 3 fuse boxes. In my CLK (2002 430) the power seat fuses are under the hood and in the trunk. They're labled.
Good luck
Old 10-08-2002, 08:52 PM

STEALERSHIP visit

well, i went to the stealership today to get my problems checked out. the rear retractable shade was fixed and due to a fuse problem (although i checked the fuses and i guess i need some seeing lessons). however, the passenger seat was a complete disaster.

i dropped the car off first thing in the morning. my service advisor calls me around 11am to tell me everything is ready. i say great and make sure its washed.. i arrive around 4pm, return the rental, and pick up the car. as i am about to drive off the dealership lot, i check out the passenger seat. not only is it not fixed and just the way i left it , my car isnt washed either. its actually more dirty than when i brought it.. muthrphkers....

now, i have to take it in again tomorrow and the service advisor ensures that it will be torn apart and fixed... yeah right....

now i can understand how people can go postal....

Old 10-08-2002, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Brandon,

Please let us know the resolution. I have that EXACT same problem in the passenger seat of the E-Class.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S60R, ML320, W211/E350
Which dealer was this? That's horrible....

Listen to my story, I took my car to the dealers to get my sqeeking seat fix, left it there on Friday, my service adviser told me to come back on Thursday....

I went back on Thursday, and they can't find my car, they got no record of my car ever being droped off!!!!

So now the whole dealership is looking for my car.... and the security guards too!!!

S after about 40min they came back and said that they really don't know where the car was, would I mind walking throu the lot with the security guard and see if I can locate my car...

Well, I found it in 5 mins... It was just the way I left it and 100 times dirtier, since they left my car outside...

Now that we found my car I thought FINALLY i can leave, but wait!!!! Since they had no record of the car ever being dropped off, NOTHING was done to it!!!!

So at this point I just about had it, I left the car here for almost 1 week, without a rental, and now they are telling me it's just been setting there...

So to finish my story, the night manager had a talking to, cause apperently, he was suppose to check every car in the lot every night to make sure they belong there, obviously he did not do hios job FOR 6 DAYS!!!!! And I ended up leaving my car there for 3 more days....

Needless to say, I am no longer going back to that dealer..... rather drive an extra 25 mins to the next closest dealer than to leave my car to a bunch of incompetent people that did not even know where my car was....
Old 10-09-2002, 01:28 AM

xyzpl,

thats damn disappointing to here.... dont take your care to penske anymore in west covina... that stealership sucks there too! i take my car to rusnak in pasadena usually. to their defense, i have usually had fairly good service until this visit. i guess its the law of averages.... they are opening a service department in arcadia. that might be closer to you.

pete,

my service advisor said they resynchronized the seats, because they claim that the seat stops when its movement backwards is inhibited or blocked, it will stop, so it wont crush someone's legs. i said i dont care, just fix it. now i must get up early again tomorrow and deal with more sh$t from the STEALERSHIP..

lesson:

its hard to find be you can trust in this world and its even HARDER to find people that are COMPETENT....

Old 10-09-2002, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by byip25
...my service advisor said they resynchronized the seats, because they claim that the seat stops when its movement backwards is inhibited or blocked, it will stop, so it wont crush someone's legs...
That is true and could have been the problem.

Patrick
Old 10-09-2002, 05:51 PM

2002 C230K
xyzpl and byip25, if you don't like your service advisors/dealerships much, you might consider coming out to Auto-Stiegler in Encino. I know it can be quite a drive, but if you request Rod Soprito as a service advisor, and ask that only Vahe, works on your car, you will not be disappointed. We've been going only to them for the last 5 years. Nobody touches our cars but them. They are good. When the warranty on one of our cars was about to run outm Vahe asked that we bring it in to replace some major things that could break like valve lifters, assorted seals, just so we won't have problems later on. If you're willing to drive out here, it'll be worth your trip.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by dswildfire
xyzpl and byip25, if you don't like your service advisors/dealerships much, you might consider coming out to Auto-Stiegler in Encino. I know it can be quite a drive, but if you request Rod Soprito as a service advisor, and ask that only Vahe, works on your car, you will not be disappointed. We've been going only to them for the last 5 years. Nobody touches our cars but them. They are good. When the warranty on one of our cars was about to run outm Vahe asked that we bring it in to replace some major things that could break like valve lifters, assorted seals, just so we won't have problems later on. If you're willing to drive out here, it'll be worth your trip.

thanks man, i work in the valley, so i may consider it to avoid this bullsh*t nextime....

b