Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR comes on briefly when accelerating at speeds >60-90 MPH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2006
ASR comes on briefly when accelerating at speeds >60-90 MPH

I have a MB SL600 1993 with 100000 miles on it. I just had the automatic gearbox renovated at a gearbox repair company, I got 1 year warranty on the job. Overall the car is in very good condition for its age and miles.
A few weeks ago I discovered that the ASR light comes on when I accelerate moderately, but only at speeds of over 60-80 MPH. If I then interrupt the acceleration, the ASR light comes off again. It is obvious that it's not the wheels that are skidding. Considering the sensor could be dirty I recently cleaned the wheels (although I don't know exactly where the sensor is situated), but the ASR behaves the same.
It may also be relevant that the idle is sometimes rolling slightly (I attempted to fix this by replacing a broken air intake hose, but that didn't help).
Today the starter began squeaking, not immediately but after about a second, just as the engine starts. I can't tell if it's the belt that makes this sound, or perhaps the solenoid not retracting.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars with Stars
the sensors are located in the center peace near of the shafts left&right side on the upper side of the housing.
maybe there is a wire or the sensor damaged.difficult to locate the problem from here.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
what are your tire sizes? any mismatch other than what came from the factory may cause the ASR to think a smaller tire is loosing traction.