Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLS won't start sometimes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS won't start sometimes??

I have had my CLS in the shop three times because it won't start. I mean it won't do anything when you turn the key. Everthing works but it won't turn over.

So far they have replaced the battery which I knew was not it, next a gateway and then SAM drivers side signal acquistion module and it still does it and they have it back again.

It looks like it does it when it has been driven a while. After it sits overnight it will start.

I suggested they look at the gear positon switch if it has one. It acts like it would if it was not in park.

Anyone have a idea?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealership is stumped and is putting in a request to MB tech support to see if this problem has happend before.

Anyone got an idea???
Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
Left front SAM, EIS, Key, could be a lot of things. Diagnosing will take time and patience. Throwing a battery at it, then subsequently throwing their hands in the air and calling TAC is a copout.
You can help them out by having both keys in your hand and trying the second one during failure to help isolate the prob. If they haven't asked you for both keys, you are at the wrong dealer.