Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ML 350 rear cup holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML 350, 2003
Exclamation ML 350 rear cup holder

I need help with fixing the dual rear cup holder of my 2003 ML 350. The problem is, the cup holder is no longer closing. My two year old takes great pleasure in kicking the b-jesus out of it from her seat mounted right in front of the cup holder.

The black plastic mobile base of the cup holder represents the drawer. The bottom of the drawer has a little dimple. This dimple engages a latch/cam on the opposite side that holds the spring loaded drawer in place when closed. It works sort of like the the clicker mechanism from certain ball point pens.

Now, the dimple is gone, broke off due to reasons mentioned at the beggining of my message. What I am trying to do is to remove the drawer so that I can fix the dimple problem. If glue doesn't work I can manufacture a replacement and mount it by different means. I believe I can actually do a better job than the existing design.

My problem is I cannot figure out how to remove that drawer. Does anyone know howto go about it? I'd appreciate all the advice I can get.

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
Remove the compartment in the center console. You will then be able to see the screws holding the cup holder in place.