Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! Ipod integration kit

Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350 2007
Need help! Ipod integration kit

Hello! I Just installed the Ipod integration kit on a 2006 ML350, here it goes, on the car it says the songs name and i can change songs but the sound wont come out! And my Iphone says "this is not a supported object do you want to put on flight mode?"

And another thing, when i did this the radio went bad and i have very bad reception, but when i put everything back together the radio works fine and everything works as normal, can anybody help me?

Also i might add that i didnt find the "orange fibre optic", it seems my car didnt have any

Last edited by Vaselin; 08-18-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by Vaselin
Hello! I Just installed the Ipod integration kit on a 2006 ML350, here it goes, on the car it says the songs name and i can change songs but the sound wont come out! And my Iphone says "this is not a supported object do you want to put on flight mode?"

And another thing, when i did this the radio went bad and i have very bad reception, but when i put everything back together the radio works fine and everything works as normal, can anybody help me?

Also i might add that i didnt find the "orange fibre optic", it seems my car didnt have any
i take it you have an audio 20 and not command.... did you switch it to aux first?
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 PM

ML 350 2007
No i have the Comand atp or what the name is
Old 08-29-2009, 06:05 PM

none
Did you install a MB ipod kit or aftermarket??
Old 08-29-2009, 06:08 PM

none
Oh, one more thing... Do you have rear the rear entertainment package?????
Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM

suby
special coding has to be done so the command knows it now has a ipod kit, theres like 3 pages of coding to be done.

if you have command you have a most system meaning there are optical cables(orange) they are part of the original connector that attaches to the command unit, you have to remove those cables and now place them into the new connector that goes into the command unit.

if you installed the mb kit, check to see if inbetween the connectors(ipod kit harness) from command to the commands old connector that it has a plastic part in middle of the wires. this is the newest ipod wiring harness and allows you to still us the aux port and or based on selection have rear seat entertainment
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM

ML 350 2007
Smile

thanks for the help, I decided to take it to the dealer though and after we've sat there and worked with it for several hours the "tech guy" realized they had supplied me with the wrong kit. It was the my2009 kit i had. Even though i gave the guy my license plate number when i ordered it. Anyways at the end it all got solved So i got the coding for free and no charges for the time they spent on my car
Old 08-30-2009, 02:11 PM

clk 500
clk500

Can anyone tell me what the network connector in my center console under the SOS buttons can be used for? trying to get bluetooth or my phone to run integrated into the car.

thanks in advacnce!!

joe
Old 09-09-2009, 03:55 PM

'06 C230
Ok...I have a question to add...didn't want to start a new thread...I am looking to install an iPod connection in 06 c350....I do not have the command system. how would I go about accomplishing this?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 PM

none
Docraider: What year is your Clk and what network connector. Are you talking about the phone connection in the center console armrest???? If so, and you have either a Motorola V-60 phone kit or the MHI/UHI connector, all you need is a Bluetooth adapter module from Mercedes.
Derweissehai: The ipod kit for the non-command audio system installs the same way as the one for command does. The only difference is that you most likely do not have an auxilary button on your radio, To switch to ipod you will need to press and hold the CD button for 5sec and the radio will switch over into aux mode. If you do not have a phone option in your car, you will need your instrument cluster recoded by the dealer for the phone option so you can control the ipod through the steering wheel.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM

'06 C230
Originally Posted by rizzy
Docraider: What year is your Clk and what network connector. Are you talking about the phone connection in the center console armrest???? If so, and you have either a Motorola V-60 phone kit or the MHI/UHI connector, all you need is a Bluetooth adapter module from Mercedes.
Derweissehai: The ipod kit for the non-command audio system installs the same way as the one for command does. The only difference is that you most likely do not have an auxilary button on your radio, To switch to ipod you will need to press and hold the CD button for 5sec and the radio will switch over into aux mode. If you do not have a phone option in your car, you will need your instrument cluster recoded by the dealer for the phone option so you can control the ipod through the steering wheel.
Thanks Rizzy. I suppose this would best be done by the dealership as well. Don't know to many arounf here that mode their Mercs. I have the regular cluster panel...no command installed.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 PM

many
By the way, the iPhone will always show "not supported" unless the other end has a special authentication IC made for and licensed from Apple. So most older or inexpensive interfaces will cause this, even though actual operation may be fine.