Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 230E (European)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 230E
Unhappy 1981 230E (European)

Recently I had to replace the fuel pump on my 1981 230E European sedan (comes up as a 1978 with the parts stores) with a aftermarket external electronic fuel pump. After doing so the car will not start. I double checked to make sure that there was fuel getting to the throttle body and there is but there is no fuel making it to the cylinders. I know for sure that this engine has the volkswagon throttle body, so I have been told by the dealership. Is it possible that something has become plugged or is it possibly something else? Also, the dealership told me to remove all the fuel sending parts that were old, which consisted of the pump itself, the filter (which has been replaced with a new one), and another cylindrical part which I have no idea what it is. So, basically all I know is that there is fuel getting to the back side of the throttle body but not to the cylinders. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks