Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Lights and Beeping when stopping or starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 ML 320, 2006 C280
Flashing Lights and Beeping when stopping or starting

Guys,
I have a 2002 ML320 with some issues. The truck sat for months in our company garage and we decided to get it back on the road.

The worst issue is that when I just start the truck and put it in gear the red Brake light #18 and the Brake Pad light #24 come on and the car beeps like my seat belt is not on. I start to drive they go right out until I am almost at a standstill and they come back on and the beeping starts (3 to 4 beeps). The lights stay on as long as I have the brake on.
I have checked fluid levels and there is no issue. Brakes were done right after I started using it again.

The radio displays WAIT. I put in the code that was on my card (it was wrong) and after 3 times I got locked out. After over a week of driving Enter Code came up again finally. I called the dealer where the car was purchased and gave them the serial number on the radio AL-4210-1-07-03680 and they gave me the "correct" code of 23113 but I have put it in twice and it keeps going back to enter code. I know if I put it in one more time the radio will lock me out for 24 hours of running time. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I pulled the radio to get the serial number before calling the dealer.

The gas gauge stopped working. I pulled the fuse in the kick panel as suggested by a forum post and it worked until I filled up again now it doesn't work again.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
Bob
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM

2002 ML 320, 2006 C280
The brake switch on the brake pedal was replaced recently, could this be creating the light and beep issue?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM

2002 ML 320, 2006 C280
Has anyone had these issues? Any advice?

Thanks